Questions on New Infinity - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Lennox View Post
    25hna936a30
    I have the same heatpump and I hear the same noise you are talking about. It replaced a 12 SEER Lennox AC that may have measured at a higher decibel level, but the lower pitch made it less noticeable. I have not asked the installer if this is normal, I just assumed it was.

Quote Originally Posted by teeoff View Post
    I have the same heatpump and I hear the same noise you are talking about. It replaced a 12 SEER Lennox AC that may have measured at a higher decibel level, but the lower pitch made it less noticeable. I have not asked the installer if this is normal, I just assumed it was.
    Noise is definately coming from condenser fan motor. Tech said that he did not think this is normal. They are going to change motor tomorrow. I hope this quiets it down. Don't think that I could live with it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lennox View Post
    I noticed the red heat light blinking the other night which I found out means that aux. heat is on. I wanted to make sure that Elec Heat Lockout was set and did not find setting available in Heat Pump Setup in advanced functions. It is shown in manual but not on Thermostat. There is also a Quiet Shift Option available that is not in manual. Am I missing something?
    Is it not available because I am in Comfort Mode. I am assuming aux heat is coming on to maintain output temperature. I have figured out that fan speed changes to maintain output temperature but I think that I would like to have heat pump work a little longer before aux. heat comes on.

Thanks
    I found this option in Fan Coil Setup instead of Heat pump Setup. Manual not as new as thermostat I quess. Still have not found out what Quiet Shift is.

Can any Carrier guys comment on what the noise level if any that the condenser fan should be making on a 25hna heatpump? They are coming on Thursday to change it but Tech did not seem real confident that it would make a difference.

Also do you know what the Quiet Shift setting in Heat Pump Setup is?

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123