Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Couple More Questions

Quote Originally Posted by AcDOCnTRAINIG View Post
    Honestly call sooner,however tell them you don't want the installers back you want a serviced tech with infinty knowledge. Don't blab on the phone of all your conserns, just say the unit is not working right, this will keep the techs mind open when he gets there, when the tech is there you can show him your conserns. Good luck
    I am going to call. I just don't want to be labeled that pain in the a** customer right from the start.

1. Based on what installer told my wife and what I seen scrolling through the menus everything is set to factory defaults. Is there anything that I should change with this?

2. Although system is maintaining temperatur fine the airflow seems a little low compared to my old system.
    Conditions:
    OD Temp 35 deg.
    ID temp 70 deg.
    Set point 72 deg.

Turned heat up this morning. Wife was cold. System ramped up form a low fan speed to a higher speed. This was what was on menu for HP status

Heat Stage: High
    Airflow: 772 cfm
    Coil Temp: 29
    Blower RPM 539
    Static .13
    Lock Out Timer 0min.

I would have expected higher cfm on high stage heat. Could you pleas comment on this.

Thanks

What is the full model number of the outdoor unit? You are missing some tail numbers.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

25hna936a30

Airflow is low. Doesn't make sense.

That's only 257 CFM per ton.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I read in thermostat manuel that with Airflow set to Comfort " Heat Pump airflow is varied depending on outdoor temperature to maximise comfort." It is maintainig temperature so I quess I should not complain.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    How long did it stay that low??

I was only there for about 10 minutes this morning. I will be home all day tomorrow and keep track of it. I would say that right now my only concern would be the condenser noise. Does not seem any quiteter that the 13 seer Goodman in my old home. It is definitely a higher pitched noise.

me too

FWIW, I also have had the Bryant 2 stage HP installed (286 ANA). I am bothered by the high pitched drone noise, mostly on low speed.

Tech's have added an isolation kit and confirmed charge is ok. Humming is still there.

Please post if you get a resolution! Thanks.

Tech came out this evening and confirmed noise. Unplugged condenser fan motor and noise went away. Could only hear faint noise of compressor. Fan was less noisier in high stage. Tech felt that his was probably normal but I could hear same noise as low stage but fainter. They are coming back on Monday to change fan motor. I hope that solves problem.

Am I wrong in thinking that the only noise coming from fan should be the sound of air moving?

With the "grim reaper" style fan blades, you really shouldn't even hear that much noise from air movement. Also I believe on the Infinity Heat Pump systems, it regulates airflow to deliver at least 100 degree air. There are also different airflow settings COMFORT gives you 350 CFM per ton where EFFICIENCY gives you 400 and MAXIMUM gives you 450, I think. You have a 19 SEER Heat Pump, I believe that has the ECM (Variable Speed) condenser fan motor. There are 2 parts to the motor, the motor itself and the ECM module. Insist that they replace both the module and the fan motor, this is standard practice with ECM motors.

That makes sense. Tonight at 45 deg. fan speed was 900 cfm

Quote Originally Posted by addamsmasher View Post
    With the "grim reaper" style fan blades, you really shouldn't even hear that much noise from air movement. Also I believe on the Infinity Heat Pump systems, it regulates airflow to deliver at least 100 degree air. There are also different airflow settings COMFORT gives you 350 CFM per ton where EFFICIENCY gives you 400 and MAXIMUM gives you 450, I think. You have a 19 SEER Heat Pump, I believe that has the ECM (Variable Speed) condenser fan motor. There are 2 parts to the motor, the motor itself and the ECM module. Insist that they replace both the module and the fan motor, this is standard practice with ECM motors.
    This system is 1 day old. Is it normal or necessary to have to replace both motor and module?

Infinity - Elec Heat Lockout

I noticed the red heat light blinking the other night which I found out means that aux. heat is on. I wanted to make sure that Elec Heat Lockout was set and did not find setting available in Heat Pump Setup in advanced functions. It is shown in manual but not on Thermostat. There is also a Quiet Shift Option available that is not in manual. Am I missing something?
    Is it not available because I am in Comfort Mode. I am assuming aux heat is coming on to maintain output temperature. I have figured out that fan speed changes to maintain output temperature but I think that I would like to have heat pump work a little longer before aux. heat comes on.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast