Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Questions on New Infinity

Installation of new Carrier Infinity heatpum finished today. I was home yesterday but not when it was finished today. I have a couple of questions. How much of an increase in static pressure should you should you see until you change 5" media filter? Also does system heat on low stage first before it kicks into high stage?

Any Carrier Guys out there?

I'm pretty sure they heat on low for 15 min. and if not satisfied, it will run in high. As far as the filter, if it looks dirty, I'd change it.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Under normal conditions (in other words if you temperature of your house is close to your desired temperature) the furnace will only fire in low fire. If after 10 minutes of run time the call for heat is not satisfied, the furnace will go into high fire. The Infinity system has what is called TrueSense. Everyday at 1pm the system will bring the blower on and do a static pressure check of the duct system (it also does a static pressure test when the system is energized--this establishes a baseline) and as it notices static pressure increasing from the filter become dirtier and dirtier when it sense a certian differential between base line and current static pressure readings it will alert you to change filter. Also if your duct system if undersized as so many are, the system will note higher inital static pressure readings and subsequently send you false alerts to check your filter. your duct system should be somewhere in the ballpark of .5 inches of water column.

Well when they started the system today the system does a static test, it records it. It will give you a warning on the interface when the fan runs on a high static compared to what it recorded. However, I always check mine every three months or so just to be safe. As for heat it depends how much of a temp. diffrence there is between home temp and set temp. The system will deside what stage to run, depending on the stage it will set the Variable speed motor on low or high.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lennox View Post
    Installation of new Carrier Infinity heatpum finished today. I was home yesterday but not when it was finished today. I have a couple of questions. How much of an increase in static pressure should you should you see until you change 5" media filter? Also does system heat on low stage first before it kicks into high stage?
    You didn't mention what thermostat/control was put in with the system or all the components that comprise your system.... it matters as to how to answer the questions.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Like firecontrol said, it depends on which stat you have. If you have a regular stat, the furnace board controls staging by time. It will run on low for 16 min, then kick into high. If you have the Infinity User Interface, the UI will control staging. The UI measures temps in 1/16 of a degree, so if it senses that lo is maintaining or gaining temp it will stay on low. If it can't keep up, or if there is a sudden change in setpoint of 5* or more (like a night setback) it will kick into high.
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    You didn't mention what thermostat/control was put in with the system or all the components that comprise your system.... it matters as to how to answer the questions.
    I have a 25HNA9 with infinity control and an FE4ANA005 Air Handler
    I read where it says the default is 10 minutes on low then it switches to high unless difference from set point is 5 deg. Should I stay with 10 minutes? Is this 10 minute default the same for A/C?
    Also can someone tell me what the condenser sounds like. I would not call it loud but more of a high frequency hum. I am going to wait through weekend and call to find out if ther is someone elses in area that I could listen to.
    Installers did not say anything but I think this was the first system like this that they installed. Not very reassuring.
    Thanks

The Infinity condensers I've put in I'd call very quiet. That's the one thing HO's usually notice first. "Wow it's so quiet". Alot of times you have to walk up on it to see if it's running.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

I have a 25HNA9 with infinity control and an FE4ANA005 Air Handler
    I read where it says the default is 10 minutes on low then it switches to high unless difference from set point is 5 deg. Should I stay with 10 minutes? Is this 10 minute default the same for A/C?
    Also can someone tell me what the condenser sounds like. I would not call it loud but more of a high frequency hum. I am going to wait through weekend and call to find out if ther is someone elses in area that I could listen to.
    Installers did not say anything but I think this was the first system like this that they installed. Not very reassuring.
    Thanks

I believe that is the staging timer, which controls MINIMUM run time in each stage. In other words, it will run at least 10 min before switching stages low to high, in either heating or cooling. It should be fine at default 10.

It sounds like hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,

Those are pretty quiet units. From right beside it, it's hard to tell if it's even on in low! There is some vibration in high though. Are you hearing it inside the house? Is the pad it's on attached to the house? Are the linesets properly secured and not tight against any structure?
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    Well if he's got a total infinity system as he said in his original post then no other controller with work with the FE4 air handler. Perhaps the humming is from the outdoor unit going into defrost.

I would say that it is a high pitched hum. Seems more noticible in low. Dont' here it in house unless you are right next to it. Just did not expect it to sound like this. It is on a pad that is not connected to house. It is also on 4"
    feet if this makes a difference.

I would say that it is a high pitched hum. Seems more noticible in low. Dont' here it in house unless you are right next to it. Just did not expect it to sound like this. It is on a pad that is not connected to house. It is also on 4"
    feet if this makes a difference.
    Honestly call sooner,however tell them you don't want the installers back you want a serviced tech with infinty knowledge. Don't blab on the phone of all your conserns, just say the unit is not working right, this will keep the techs mind open when he gets there, when the tech is there you can show him your conserns. Good luck
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast