Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    York, Goodman,lennox

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    York, Goodman,lennox
    YUCK. LOL sorry but I'd like to hear more of why than just the what.

I never really was a fan of any of those units through the years so I am curious.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

we install it all we are loyal to customers not corprate so yuck yourself

Temspstar/CS

Luis Pascal , what were your CS issues ? Tempstar CS only deals with dealers through distrubtors. I have always had great luck with the guys at ICP. They have always assisted me and even answer additional questions that had no bearing on the problem at hand.

I am not sure what you base this on, but often the problems are installation issues and other issues based on tech opinions. The equipment is mechanical, and mechanical problems can be traced and corrected. Were your issues corrected ?

we started selling icp as our second line only the lower seer equipment and mostly packs, our top line unit is trane and we sell 80% trane and only offer the icp on basic unit sales.. we have been selling them now for a couple of months we have 300 plus units out there with 3 service calls, keep in mined it has only been less than 3 months, but this is what we gauge our warranty work on, the first 3 months of operation. The differance in complaints and failure rate between icp and goodman/ammana is night and day... we were going with ruud as a second line with no real problems, switched to icp just because of price.

The only problem that I have had so far is the convertable panels ar not srewed down...we have to go back and seal them from the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    we install it all we are loyal to customers not corprate so yuck yourself
    Wow. You responses are so full of knowledge.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Quote Originally Posted by bell3156 View Post
    The only problem that I have had so far is the convertable panels ar not srewed down...we have to go back and seal them from the bottom
    ?? you lost me. please explain.

On the package units on all other brands the panels that you remove to convert the unit from a side by side to a downflow are screwd down, on these units they are not and our installers did not check and now we have to track the units that are out to return and seal from the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by bell3156 View Post
    On the package units on all other brands the panels that you remove to convert the unit from a side by side to a downflow are screwd down, on these units they are not and our installers did not check and now we have to track the units that are out to return and seal from the bottom
    Part of a quality install includes checking stuff like this during the install.

I have only installed one tempstar unit, it was built well and I liked the design of it, but for the first few years it would burn that damn fan sequencer out about every 13 months. I know other brands had simillar issues with that relay so I cant blame the unit for that. Only major issue since its install in 02 is the condensor fan broke loose from its hub this summer. I dont like their low line package heat pump, the one shaped like a can of ham, I at least wish they would change the supply and return air flow to match everyone elses.

Ya samm

I know, I don't know if I would have checked either though, I would have assumed they were secure from the factory as all other brands are, they are just stuck down with weatherstrip

I do service and customer complaints...

Quote Originally Posted by sammy37 View Post
    I have only installed one tempstar unit, it was built well and I liked the design of it, but for the first few years it would burn that damn fan sequencer out about every 13 months. I know other brands had simillar issues with that relay so I cant blame the unit for that. Only major issue since its install in 02 is the condensor fan broke loose from its hub this summer. I dont like their low line package heat pump, the one shaped like a can of ham, I at least wish they would change the supply and return air flow to match everyone elses.
    That type has always had the reverse airflow so I think thats why it stayed that way. I know because I just had to replace an older one just like it and I was glad it stayed the same since it made the swap easier. The only thing I DO wish they would do with that model is make an R410 model.

The canned ham. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12