Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Tempstar ,very Nice!!!

We have sold a few Tempstars in the past but have you guys seen the new models that have just came out. I have'nt seen one in two years at least, had a delivery come from coastline today, my jaw droped by the change they have made ,I'm sorry but I think they blew Goodman out of the water. There very quiet, copeland scroll comp, my residential install manager handed me the price book on Tempstar & I have to say they got great prices. My guys want to pick it up as a second line, I have not worked with them in a while don't want to sign off on something I might regret any of you guys have any feed back on these new models in the field. I appreciate the feed back.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Question ... field history ?

Quote Originally Posted by AcDOCnTRAINIG View Post
    We have sold a few Tempstars in the past but have you guys seen the new models that have just come out.

I haven't seen one in two years at least, had a delivery come from Coastline today, my jaw dropped by the change they have made, I'm sorry but I think they blew Goodman out of the water.

There very quiet, copeland scroll comp, my residential install manager handed me the price book on Tempstar & I have to say they got great prices.

My guys want to pick it up as a second line, I have not worked with them in a while don't want to sign off on something I might regret any of you guys have any feed back on these new models in the field.

I appreciate the feed back.
    If they just came out, how would one have any meaningful feed-back on operation or field history?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    If they just came out, how would one have any meaningful feed-back on operation or field history?

Well those models to my knowledege have been out for almost two years, wanted to know are the AHU/furnaces noisy? are there been any troubles with installs (are they install friendly)? Carrier has had serious TXV problems, most of the tempstar ahu are carrier build product have there been any warranty issues with the units?
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Tempstar

I like the removable side panels on the new units ! I havnt sold any but the pricing was same as american / standard ? I guess the supply houses determine the pricing
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Thumbs down low end units

Quote Originally Posted by AcDOCnTRAINIG View Post
    Well those models to my knowledege have been out for almost two years

Wanted to know are the AHU/furnaces noisy?
    Are there been any troubles with installs (are they install friendly)?

Carrier has had serious TXV problems,
    Most of the Tempstar AHU are Carrier build product

Have there been any warranty issues with the units?
    just came out SOUNDS LIKE
    many days, a few weeks
    a couple months AT Most

2 years sounds like
    OLD may be approaching
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    just came out SOUNDS LIKE
    many days, a few weeks
    a couple months AT Most

2 years sounds like
    OLD may be approaching

Low end products? What do you base this on?

Price?
    Personal exp?

ACdoc youll see my post on the other thread. Great systems. Good warranties. Well built quiet product.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Tempstar ,very Nice!!!

Are 14 to 16 seer systems by Tempstar, Bryant and Carrier all basicly the same? A contractor came over to give an estimate on a new system and told me that they were, but it was the first time I had heard those three linked as one. If so what would be the benefit of selecting one over the other, if any?
    Last edited by PTmac; 03-24-2008 at 04:53 PM.

acdocntrainig.

I would think that by now. You would know, mistakes don't go un noticed here.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Mechanically they are similar, Copeland scroll, high & low pressure protection, Copeland Comfort Alert module. I think ICP uses a 2 speed fan motor. Biggest diff is the capabilities of the Infinity control system that nothing in ICP can use.

Carrier's lower SEER 2 stage uses Bristol's TS compressor so nothing in common with the Copeland based single & 2 stage ICPs other than coil technology.

Ohh man, I had this same Tempstar system in my 5 year old home. Nothing but headaches and nghtmares come from that name.

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Their CS is horrible as well.

Was it Tempstar CS that was bad. Or was it the installers CS that was bad.

Use to install them.
    Didn't have a lot of problems with them. And got good tech support on them.

We dropped them because the distributor did't stock enough of them.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I have installed many of the tempstar products but have since moved on to other brands that are much more installer freindly , The drains and traps are a hassle , had some blower issues, parts are struggle to get also, Not bad units i guess just others in my opinion are more value and less hassle, The tempstar condensers are as big as refrigeraters and cheep looking and you have to install your own line dryer, just alot of little things that take extra time,which cost more money yada ,yada,yada

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I have installed many of the tempstar products but have since moved on to other brands that are much more installer freindly , The drains and traps are a hassle , had some blower issues, parts are struggle to get also, Not bad units i guess just others in my opinion are more value and less hassle, The tempstar condensers are as big as refrigeraters and cheep looking and you have to install your own line dryer, just alot of little things that take extra time,which cost more money yada ,yada,yada
    My units come with driers. I prefer to install an external drier than to have a built in drier anyway becuase it is easier to change out when the time comes.

What do you prefer over them if you dont mind me asking?
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast