Amana vs York???

I am currently in the process of changing out my furnace. I am going fro heating with fuel oil to Liquid Propane. Does anyone have any input on what is better Amana or York??? I am finding negative reports on both. They both are pretty close in cost as well as warranty. I'm not sure which way to go.

I'd focus more on the installing company. Each brand has its ups and downs, but all equipment is relatively similar. If course you'll have feature sets such as that of the Carrier Infinity. Look at warranties, too. Which particular models? Is the system going to be sized correctly? There are more important things to be looking at.

That said, I've heard good things about York's Affinity line. Amana is a premium brand, too (related to Goodman but different product).

i dont like either one but if properly installed either one is jut fine . propane is very expensive to heat with might consider dual fual

None!

Better units out there for the same price, Bryant, American Standard, Tempstar < (did I just say the "T" word,) any how there good units for your buck!
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

What negatives are you hearing about Amana? They have the only patented dual sized tubular heat exchanger on the market that has "never" failed under normal usage. The furnaces are guaranteed for life to be replaced if a heat exchanger ever does fail. They have the highest across the board efficiencies (some other brands have one or two specific small sized furnaces that achieve a hair better efficiency, but across an entire model line Amana has the best).

Just what is negative about an Amana furnace?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Robo, you must have radar for these crazy posts

Ellis Prach, "the Heat Exchanger Expert", likes only 2 "chambers" as he calls them. Amana & Thermo Pride!

Amana uses similar White-Rodgers electronics as Lennox & A-S/Trane.

Bryant & Tempstar are 2 furnaces we watch the HXs on extra carefully on cleans. Tempstar for popped crimp rings and Bryant for cracks.

Amana has the better HX warranty.

If you can post model numbers. We can tell if your being quoted equivalent models in both brands.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Robo, you must have radar for these crazy posts

Ellis Prach, "the Heat Exchanger Expert", likes only 2 "chambers" as he calls them. Amana & Thermo Pride!

Amana uses similar White-Rodgers electronics as Lennox & A-S/Trane.

Bryant & Tempstar are 2 furnaces we watch the HXs on extra carefully on cleans. Tempstar for popped crimp rings and Bryant for cracks.
    Didn't you know I had a psychic link with the words Amana and Goodman?

I do usually check out threads that pertain to what I currently deal with, so yea, I am on the lookout for them. As for Ellis; I have spoke to him over the phone but have not yet been to one of his classes. It seems that the Amana furnace is the only gas furnace he does not bother to display in his programs because he cannot find anything wrong with it. Hopefully I will catch his program with ACCA this year.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV