Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes this system does have a legnth of coiled line at the compressor, perhaps being the capillary line referenced. Would a new outdoor unit (not just the internal compressor) work as its own system and ignor the design of the previous HS6 design? Say, if I took out the coil in the line during the installation, have the R22 set to the correct level, wouldn't the compressor unit do the math? The condenser could match closely (2 ton). I don't pretend to understand the physics like matching condenser to compressor unit, but I thought that staying with the same brand would help match a little better. I am really trying to go cheap for many reasons. I don't mind being a hack and cobling up the system a bit,so long as it works pretty good when I am done. If it doesn't work, then I am only out the cost of recovering and charging the refridgerant plus whatever additional parts I would add. It would seem to me a fair gamble. What blatant thing do you guys see that I am missing? Please be candid. Any thoughts to the unique nature of this antique system that maybe a tech unfamiliar with this HS6 might have serviced it different than would be sraight forward? maybe my system just needs a better tech and a correct refridgerant level?? Wouldn't that be a prickfer.

new units will not work with that old cap tube and compressors can't do math.

either replace it with a complete system or give the buyer an allowance to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    new units will not work with that old cap tube and compressors can't do math.

either replace it with a complete system or give the buyer an allowance to do it right.
    exactly!! remember it's a buyer's market.

Yes, you would have to replace the evap coil inside, the complete lineset, and outdoor unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12