Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I love it when a good plan comes together!The A-Team if I remember correctly.

I am in Southeastern PA and will have a dual fuel system. The indoor unit (furnace) will be with variable speed blower. We decided on that. The outdoor unit I have to decide whether to go with 1-stage or 2-stage compressor. As you said, this will mean either Performance or Infinity. If we go with outdoor Infinity - I will get Infinity T-stat for sure. If we go with outdoor single-stage (Performance), would Infinity t-stat still offer such great features or the functionality will be close to what Edge offers, since it's the Performance series?

Quote Originally Posted by addamsmasher View Post
    hell yeah I've done quite alot of work in Silv. Springs and Bethesda
    Familiar with both of those areas. I'm not too far from there.

Quote Originally Posted by dafreerider View Post
    I am in Southeastern PA and will have a dual fuel system. The indoor unit (furnace) will be with variable speed blower. We decided on that. The outdoor unit I have to decide whether to go with 1-stage or 2-stage compressor. As you said, this will mean either Performance or Infinity. If we go with outdoor Infinity - I will get Infinity T-stat for sure. If we go with outdoor single-stage (Performance), would Infinity t-stat still offer such great features or the functionality will be close to what Edge offers, since it's the Performance series?
    You'd still benefit from the Infinity control, especially for the indoor unit to have control over the blower speed and humidity--among other features. Here you can see it for yourself: http://www.residential.carrier.com/i...infinity.shtml

Dash are you guys starting to use A/C more and more down South? For all I know you've been using it for weeks... I have family down in FL but they're on the other side in Daytona Beach and Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by dafreerider View Post
    Which furnace...the 58cva or the mvb? in other words, 80% or 90% AFUE? Either way you go with the heat pump you're going to have just about the nicest system you can get, the infinity would make it the nicest system simply because you get the 2 speed scroll compressor. Are you getting new refrigerant lines? If not make SURE they flush the lines with some sort of flush (I use Rx11 followed by a robust blast of Nitrogen). The reason for this is because the oil in R22 (which I'm assuming is in your current equip.)should not mix with the oil thats in the puron units (called POE oil) And I would get the infinity stat reguardless of whether or not you go infinity or perf. outside because all the features I told you about earlier will still be available. Do you guys have alergies?

The furnace will be 90% or 95% AFUE with variable speed blower. I just haven't decided on the outside units. I know that 2-stage is better, but they also cost a lot more (and I need two of them - one system for each floor... yikes). So I need to weigh the benefits and the added cost and see if 2-stage outside units are worth it for us.

We don't have allergies. I am looking into good quality media filter (Lennox MERV10 or 16 media filter). I don't want electronic, since they all produce some ozone, albeit small amounts, but still.

So you still think Infinity t-stat provides extra features over Edge when paired with Performance series outdoor units? I still can't believe that the top of the line t-stat yields in looks to the lower model...

I am glad you folks think that Carrier is as good as it gets when it comes to dual fuel heat pump systems. I have quotes from Lennox and Trane too, and it's very hard to decide. All quotes are for comparable systems. I want the most reliable system.

I have the Bryant version. The Infinity furnace with the Performance series outdoor unit. My outdoor unit was recognized by the Infinity t-stat. it then told the stat how many house it ran. (The outdoor unit it kept track while I had my old T-stat. My outdoor unit also had a temperature senser. I had no idea till I got the Infinity stat. This helps dictate what it should do to my Aprilaire Humidify. I think the stat was well worth it!!

So you still think Infinity t-stat provides extra features over Edge when paired with Performance series outdoor units? I still can't believe that the top of the line t-stat yields in looks to the lower model...

I am glad you folks think that Carrier is as good as it gets when it comes to dual fuel heat pump systems. I have quotes from Lennox and Trane too, and it's very hard to decide. All quotes are for comparable systems. I want the most reliable system.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more about the electronic air cleaners. May I suggest the Honeywell F100. They are the nicest made and changing the filter is a sinch. The other 2 IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) products that I think are must haves are humidifiers (Aprilaire 700) and UV lights (Coil Irradiation Only). People will tell you that you should mount UV lights in the supply or return of your system but the problem is is that the air moves so rapidly through the duct there is very little contact time between the airborne particulate matter and the light itself. However when used to flood the evaporator coil they prohibit mold growth and will even abate whatever mold may exist. Obviously with a new system mold won't be an issue. Mold grows where there is vast amounts of moisture and darkness. Thats exactly what an evaporator coil is in the cooling months. Anywhere else for UV lights in my opinion is a waste of your money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12