Thread: MAD at YJ

MAD at YJ

i just bought my YJ digital gauges last friday. after shipping i picked them up tuesday. used them on 5 systems so far. i love these things!! if you haven't switched to digital yet, then what are you waiting for??

well today the sensor for SH and SC measurements broke loose from the velcro strap its attached to. any one here had this happen to them?? i plan to see if i can get a new one, but what if this happens to the next one? whats the best way to repair this myself? it looks like its just black silicone, but i don't know for sure.

i wish it came with a clamp. i love the clamp that feildpiece makes. if i could adapt that to my gauge's they would be the greatest tool ever!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Look up a member name doug lockhart, shoot him an email and he will take care of you.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Digi-Cool is coming out with a clamp this summer you can use on the YJ last I heard.

Or you can make your own since your sensor fell of anyway. Go to Home Depot and buy a clamp rheem out one side about the size of the sensor and put some glue on it and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    Look up a member name doug lockhart, shoot him an email and he will take care of you.
    i'll do that thanks for the info web

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    Digi-Cool is coming out with a clamp this summer you can use on the YJ last I heard.

Or you can make your own since your sensor fell of anyway. Go to Home Depot and buy a clamp rheem out one side about the size of the sensor and put some glue on it and your good to go.
    that sound like a great idea! thanks for your help i cannot wait till the clamp comes out!! i'll be first in line to get one!!

I have been telling Lockhart for along time to get rid of that cheesy strap. He is comming out with two models soon. I made one myself and works good. It is not as well as the one he is bringing out as the foot pads will cover over the sensor and be insulated from out side ambient. But for what it took and the price I just cover the clamp end with a rag or such.

Nice, wish I had though to this before I spent $80 on my Fluke clamp on K type! Oh well I like the Fluke, very quick response.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post
    I have been telling Lockhart for along time to get rid of that cheesy strap. He is comming out with two models soon. I made one myself and works good. It is not as well as the one he is bringing out as the foot pads will cover over the sensor and be insulated from out side ambient. But for what it took and the price I just cover the clamp end with a rag or such.

I might just make one like that too

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post

thats awesome!! i am working on one just like that i have MAC tools too!! lol i am trying to incorporate some insul-tube to insulate as well as the clamp. if i get it to work out i'll post a pick. thanks for your help guys any more ideas or after thoughts welcome