Thread: respirators?

respirators?

i used to be the first guy laying face down in a bat of insulation without even thinking about it, and just dealing with all the irritation. But since i had my first kid now i think of things a little different.....now i picture all the **** that i see floating in the air in the illumination of my droplight, and i just imagine how that stuff is just loading up in my lungs, doing god knows what and taking who knows how many years off my life. i have since started wearing disposable respirators rated for insulation. the only problem is that i sweat alot.....a real lot...and a disposable respirator will become sweatlogged in no time, making it too hard to breathe through...ill go through 3 or 4 a job. do any of you use a half face reusable respirator with changable filter that is not too difficult to work with? alot of them seem way to big to actually expect to wear while i work for 5-8 hours.

You'll have the same problem and when they become wet they are useless....at least in my experience.

If you sweat now, wait unitl you put on one of those respirators. Do you have facial hair? You have to be clean shaven for the half mask to get a good seal.
    I've been using the 3M-8214 diposable mask. It's light wieght and has an exhaust valve on the face. Really cuts down on the moisture build up on the inside of the mask.

Don't have any HVAC equipment up there, but several radio antennas that need adjustment from time to time.

I found that if I spent more than a minute or so up there, I would begin to cough. Now, I don't go up without a mask. Makes all the difference in the world.

Yes, I saw all of that crap floating around up there.

AM

Your better off with the dis[osables.

You can buy several boxes of teh disposable ones, for one replacement of the other ones.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

use an N95 rated mask -- rated by NIOSHA --
    I found several at a 'surplus' store @ $0.5 -- bought 100 --gave to friends
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

3-m respirator selection guide

3-m has a respirator selection guide for free just call 1-800-328-1667 and they will send it right to your house

thanks for the feedback...i think im gonna have to stick with the disposables...i cant see wearing the rubber in 120-130 degree heat. i like the exhaust valve thought though.