Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    The Carrier will includ the Infinity Control,the best for dehumidification.If you choose one of the others,besure you are getting the closest thing to it,likely the Honeywell IAQ stat..
    Honeywell IAQ. Hmm - didn't show up at all in the brochure I was given in the quote. So, thanks to you, I looked on the Honeywell.com site. There, I find that my quote has a "Vision PRO" control (still not sure which one); and Dash is recommending (I think) "Vision PRO IAQ" (not sure which one of those, either).

As shown on the Honeywell site, there is a list price difference of about $200 between the low end of the "Vision PRO" line and the high end of the "Vision PRO IAQ" line.

So, I need to get smarter about which control is quoted versus which control has the features I need. Any helpful suggestions from you guys are welcome, as always!

Sensible Heat Ratio

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    ... to see how it dehumidifies, look at sensible heat ratio on low, that 78% meaning lousy dehumidification on low which is what it will run most of the time....single stage Tranes on low with full airflow run 70% sensible. The lower the sensible the more latent which is humidity removal. This means GALLONS more water out of the air in a typical day than the 16i on low most of the time....
    How/where can I find the sensible heat ratio for these machines?

With A-S/Trane, that's all on the dealer site. Your dealer could print it out for you on models he is suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    With A-S/Trane, that's all on the dealer site. Your dealer could print it out for you on models he is suggesting.
    Same thing for Carrier and Lennox, I guess?

Thanks to all of you for your helpful information. I finally selected the Lennox XP19:

XP19-048-230* / CBX32MV-048-230* EER 12.35; SEER 17; HSPF 9

The control is the Honeywell Vision Pro TH8321, with humidity control.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was also considering the Trane XL16i (and also the XL15i, after input here), and the Carrier Infinity 16. If the prices of the systems had been close, I would have selected the Carrier Infinity 16, because of the Infinity control system and better humidity control. However, after carefully considering all of the factors suggested by you folks, and then throwing in the current manufacturers' incentives, the Lennox system pricing was just WAY below the comparable Trane and Carrier offers.

Humidity control is working GREAT. I have the temperature set up at 78F, but the humidity at 45%, and my wife says she feels cold! So, I will move the temperature set point up a bit.

I have attached before and after pictures of the installation. The new Lennox unit is huge compared with the 15 year old Trane.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

sdgrease,

now that you've made the decision, allow me to tell you my experience.

I live about 4 hours south of you, essentially same climate but perhaps a bit more humid on the coast and installed an XL19i paired with the latest Climatouch CT07TC32H control.

This combination allows me to use the smaller, separate, 2ton compressor to run based on humidity almost the entire year, bypassing temperature controls. Thus, today for example, it has been raining in S.Florida, outside is now about 78 F and humidity was up to 90% in the morning and currently about 70%. My system maintains a 48% RH indoors and runs a variation within +2 and -2 percent of setpoint RH% (setpoint today at 50%). I've set the blower speed to it's lowest possible setting, thus maintaining about 76 to 77 F without maintaining a temperature setpoint (temp setpoint is deliberately set to 80 F so as to not be triggered unless outside is well in the 90's). Power consumption is very low, since this setup uses only about 1450 watts and my house at about the same size as yours (I do have a swimming pool and pumps) gets a monthly average FPL power bill of $105.00

One final advantage with this setup is hurricane season as I use a 5500w Honda generator to run my Stage1, along with refrigerator, lights, cable. Have already used it during a one week power outage in our neighborhood and it performed very well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123