Thread: 3 stage furnace and Evolution Tstat ????

Post Likes

3 stage furnace and Evolution Tstat ????

Following up on a previous post. I am still trying to resolve with installer.

Have the following:
    58MVB (Carrier 3 Stage furnace)
    286ANA, (Bryant HP)
    CNPVP (Carrier Coil)
    Evolution Tstat., (Version CESR131339-14)

My question is, what should the TSTAT be display regarding the 3 stage furnace? In the advanced menu under Furnace Lifetime Hours, I see counters for: Blower, Power, Low Heat, High Heat. Shouldn't there be a counter tracking lifetime hours for Medium Heat as well?

Previous input from this site indicated that the TStat should indeed be tracking all 3 stages. I was also advised that the Tstat needed to be a "-B". I am not sure what this means. Is this a software version or a hardware model # ?
    I gave the "-B" info to the dealer who says he checked with Bryant and that there is only one model of the Evolution TStat. Mine was the first 3 stage for the installer and he admits that he is not overly familiar. But he is telling me that he thinks it is working correctly.

Can one of you Carrier/Bryant pro's help clear this up for me and possibly give me some more specific info that I can relay to the installer. What exactly should I be seeing on the display screen showing proper operation/ lifetime hours/ cycle counters with the 3 stage furnace?

Post Likes
    If you have a 58MVB then you do not have a 3 stage furnace, the MVB is a 2 stage unit. 58mvC is the three stage unit.

The run time is whole hours, so until your unit runs in that stage for at least an hour it will not show any run time.

For it to properly operate in all stages the Infinity UI must be properly configured. I will not tell you how to do this here. Have your dealer talk to the Carrier service manager if he needs help.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Post Likes

typo

IT IS the 58MVC -3 stage. sorry for confusion.

I understand what your saying about the whole hours.

Just so I have something specific and concrete to show the tech during his service call, can you (please) explicitly answer the part of the question regarding the cycle and run time hours. Should there be a separate line counter showing "Low" "MED" and "High" when my system is configuered correctly? Thanks again!

Post Likes
    To help answer your question on run time, I have the 58MVC Carrier Infinity furnace and also have the Infinity controller this controller which is the T-Stat will tell you how many hours the furnace ran in low-med-high fire but this info is not displayed on the main screen of the controller rather it is in layman terms buried in another screen in the software part of the controller. I just looked at my run time yesterday and it told me my furnace ran in low fire about 341 hrs, and ran on med fire about 130hrs and ran on high fire about 87hrs. The main screen on this controller will show you temp, outside temp, indoor humidity level, fan speed, set point, run scheudle, and day and time. It's a very nice system as is the furnace. But there is alot more setting that are as I said buried in the controllers software that basically should not need tweeking.

Post Likes

asked another way

Maybe I can ask the question another way...

Is there a simple way for the installer show me that the furnace is functioning with all 3 stages?

(or for me to prove to the installer that it is only running 2) I am basing my belief that the furnace is only operating on 2 stages because the cycle counter and run time only show "low" and "high".

Posted the above before seeing your response, DanW13. Thanks for the info. I am familiar with the advanced settings menu, and that is where I see the cycle and run time counters, showing low and high. I have been expecting to see exactly what you described below. Thanks for the confirmation!
    Last edited by malew; 03-19-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: more detail

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    To help answer your question on run time, I have the 58MVC Carrier Infinity furnace and also have the Infinity controller this controller which is the T-Stat will tell you how many hours the furnace ran in low-med-high fire but this info is not displayed on the main screen of the controller rather it is in layman terms buried in another screen in the software part of the controller. I just looked at my run time yesterday and it told me my furnace ran in low fire about 341 hrs, and ran on med fire about 130hrs and ran on high fire about 87hrs. The main screen on this controller will show you temp, outside temp, indoor humidity level, fan speed, set point, run scheudle, and day and time. It's a very nice system as is the furnace. But there is alot more setting that are as I said buried in the controllers software that basically should not need tweeking.
    Can I ask you how you get into this menu? I have the 58MVC and would like to ensure it is working on 3 stages. Thanks

Post Likes
    add your e-mail to your profile and I will send you a e-mail to tell you, not here too many eye'sand it would get shut down from the mod's.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    add your e-mail to your profile and I will send you a e-mail to tell you, not here too many eye'sand it would get shut down from the mod's.
    done

Post Likes

Tweaking

Quote Originally Posted by kingsingh View Post
    Can I ask you how you get into this menu? I have the 58MVC and would like to ensure it is working on 3 stages. Thanks
    Please Please Please make sure that if you are entering those screens and you happen to change anything you write down how it was before. I have gone on so many calls where the UI has been set and waddaya know call back cause something isnt working only to find something has been enabled or disabled and the homeowner says the visit should be covered under the mfg warranty cause it was fine then it just changed and all they did was look

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in