Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid question

Hybrid question

My wife wants a new vehicle one that is more fuel efficient than her current Durango. She likes the Escape and we are considering the Hybrid.

Does anyone have one and what do you think of it.

I like Durangoes, Durangos, Durangi...

... whatever.

http://www.cars.com/go/features/auto...Durango+Hybrid
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

My wife drove an Escape for three years and loved it. It was not the hybrid but was a good car and we had no problems with it(until I wrecked it).
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Lexus

My moms has a Lexus hybird its great, you pay a little more for the car but its
    well worth it. Lexus gots great warranty and service.

http://lexushybrid.k2nets.com/
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Not sure how it is in your area, but I went to the dealer to look at the Escape Hybrid, and the salesman said they couldn't get them. He said most of them are going to government agencies, with most dealers being left out. They hadn't seen one in a while, and they're a good sized dealer.

We really wanted to get a new Escape hybrid because the wifey liked the older Escape she had. It was still a little too much money so we got a new Escape. They are very nice cars.

Yea, our suburb brags about being green cuz the officials drive Escape Hybrids

I don't know how much faith you put in Consumer Reports but they aren't too fond of the Escape. If budget permits, how about the Highlander hybrid? Bro-in-law has a Prius, amazing little car. Probably the same technology in the Highlander. We got 48 mpg highway at 70, 3 people with air (electric compressor, doesn't drag the little engine down). Upper 70s we got 43 mpg. Fun to watch the reports on the LCD of economy or what the system is doing between electric & gas engine and recharging during coasting.

Speaking of air, you might see what the Escape does. From what I remember reading, compressor is engine driven and shuts off at idle. If that's true, you might not like that in your climate!

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmd2002 View Post
    Not sure how it is in your area, but I went to the dealer to look at the Escape Hybrid, and the salesman said they couldn't get them. He said most of them are going to government agencies, with most dealers being left out. They hadn't seen one in a while, and they're a good sized dealer.
    Ironic... Isn't it your gov. that says that global warming is a limited phenomenon?
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Getting fed up with the high gas price, we placed an order last week on a Toyota Prius. It's about 6 to 8 week waiting list now.

Looking forward for the 40+mpg on it since my partner does drive up to the cities for work once or twice a week.

We had a Durango with a 360 until my wife wrecked it on new years horrible on fuel but she caused 16000 dollars damage to it in the accident and her and the kids walked away without a scratch I hear the argument for fuel mileage but man for safety I will pay alot extra for a big vehicle. So we bought a f 150 with the 5.4 and the mileage is fantastic in comparison. Still in a big vehicle plus I finally got a pickup(she felt a little guilty and I shamelessly pounced on the opportu nity lol).

Ford escape and Mazda Tribute are the same vehicles. If you can't find an Escape then look for a Tribute hybrid. Ford owns Mazda. If the guilt of driving a Mazda is too much to handle, change the some of the plastic and the badging.

Tribute

comparison
    R2B4BTU

I would never make a decision to buy or not to buy based on Consumer Reports...I have heard nothing but good things about the Ford Escape.

Spending $20-50K on a new vehicle to save $500 on fuel does not make much sense to me.

How about a diesel Jeep Liberty, My new diesel VW Jetta gets 45 mi per gallon in town in the mountains, my friends with Priuses get about 38mpg around town Plus I can put my whole family in it, our luggage for an out of town trip, 2 coolers, all the stuff we get on a Cosco run, and still cruise at 75 with th AC on. My wifes escape has been flawless for nearly 4 years, oil and tires only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast