Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well. First, its not pressures that count.
    Its saturations.

Just because it 70* out, doesn't mean it should be at 192psi head.

But post back when its running.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Well. First, its not pressures that count.
    Its saturations.

Just because it 70* out, doesn't mean it should be at 192psi head.

But post back when its running.
    I was talking in generalities. I didn't think that I would have to break it down to every last aspect. So yes, the superheat, subcooling and every last detail will be taken into consideration...

I know, I know, there is no such thing as cold, just less warm...

Besides, when it's 70* out here we don't use our A/C... ; )

LOL...
    You haven't ben here long enough. Or you would know that.

PS: We also want capacity measurements.
    Contractor locator map

this DIY'er post has gone way too far!! IMO and 5 ton unit on 1600sf. tell me another one, please!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    this DIY'er post has gone way too far!! IMO and 5 ton unit on 1600sf. tell me another one, please!!
    Thats odd, you can type but not read a post... Thats really amazing...

I'll get on that capacity measurement first thing...

No, he's putting a 4 ton compressor in a 5 ton condenser.
    So its only 4 TONS for 1600 sq ft.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by The Tucson Tech View Post
    Thats odd, you can type but not read a post... Thats really amazing...

I'll get on that capacity measurement first thing...
    You'll get close to 4.5 tons out of that combination, depending upon condenser air flow. If that's about right for what you expect out of the system, then go for it.

I assume you're a tech and know what you're doing, from the sound of it. But if you're looking for technical help with the thing, then that might qualify as DIY info in this residential forum. Get your post count up and apply for pro membership, then post in the pro forums. Hope it works out ok for you.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 03-19-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    You'll get close to 4.5 tons out of that combination, depending upon condenser air flow. If that's about right for what you expect out of the system, then go for it.

I assume you're a tech and know what you're doing, from the sound of it. But if you're looking for technical help with the thing, then that might qualify as DIY info in this residential forum. Get your post count up and apply for pro membership, then post in the pro forums. Hope it works out ok for you.

Pfft...any lame-brain could see that this is a DIY,(probably an engineer or some other over-qualified buffoon), trying to split the atom. These guys have nothing better to do than rattle cages because their own job is boring and unfulfilling to them. They think they know more than everybody else. They waste obscene amounts of time, money, and energy on something that us, as professionals, would laugh at.

But, if it gets him through the day, makes him feel good about himself, i.e. superior, then let him be.

These guys can't be talked to, or reasoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Pfft...any lame-brain could see that this is a DIY,(probably an engineer or some other over-qualified buffoon), trying to split the atom. These guys have nothing better to do than rattle cages because their own job is boring and unfulfilling to them. They think they know more than everybody else. They waste obscene amounts of time, money, and energy on something that us, as professionals, would laugh at.

They waste obscene amounts of time, money, and energy on something that us, as professionals, would laugh at.

But, if it gets him through the day, makes him feel good about himself, i.e. superior, then let him be.

1), (probably an engineer or some other over-qualified buffoon),

Glad you think I seem pretty smart. I'll take that as a compliment so thank you. Actually though, I'm just an HVAC tech that apparently thinks more than the average guy.

2) These guys have nothing better to do than rattle cages because their own job is boring and unfulfilling to them

Happy to hear I rattled your cage. I do find my job to be quite exciting actually. It may be the reason I come to these forums to seek a little more knowledge from others who know more about this trade than average run of the mill " I know everything tech" <---- I think I just met another. Can ya guess who?

3)They think they know more than everybody else.

Not everybody else. Just people like you... Ya know, the ignorant kind. The kind that think THEY know so much about everyone else they can come to a forum and call out somewhat they just met. I'm the know it all? Your funny...

4)They waste obscene amounts of time, money, and energy on something that us, as professionals, would laugh at.

As I mentioned earlier in my post assuming you took the time to read it. Hell lets assume you at least read the title. I said "Budget A/C Install..." I can only imagine how you could get a "waste of money" from a title like that. I'm also glad that you consider yourself a professional. Thats the kind of self gratification someone of your nature needs. After all, it sounds like something may be bothering you so by all means pat yourself on the back if you are in fact a "Professional" something or other. Oh yes, be sure to laugh away buddy. I'm sure you can buy something from a company that has robots designing these units. I mean how could it be that someone may understand a refrigeration system enough to actually design one? Wow, who do you think designed the robots?!?!

5)But, if it gets him through the day, makes him feel good about himself, i.e. superior, then let him be.

There ya go again, complimenting me on being superior. I feel pretty good about myself especially now. I guess that might be because I apparently know more than at least one of the guys over at Seaton Heating. Add one more "No can do company" to the list guys...

6)These guys can't be talked to, or reasoned with

Probably not unless someone showing a higher I.Q comes along and points out real world based knowledge on why I should change my view. In the mean time, I'll continue to humor myself with my crazy shananigans which I find to be quite exciting.

Till we meet again...

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post

I can't see that. Not from the info given. What does that make me?
    He may even be a she for all I know. So I guess that makes him a her just because it's possible, right?

I don't know one way or the other whether this person is a tech, retired tech, engineer, retired engineer, drag queen, accountant, or what, but I do know that I've seen less intelligent posts from some of the so-called professional members here.

ttt... I like the way you think and I totaly agree with you about some of the people on here, there are some real pills. You can explain till your blue in the face...I do believe the unit will work and be efficient...You absolutly need the txv... I think the problem you will have is when the house does get sold and the compressor goes out on the unit, the tech will order the compressor off the condenser model number and put a 5ton compressor in. I would remove the condensor model and serial number and write in the contol panel 4 ton unit...I would write it everywhere on the units....Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    I can't see that. Not from the info given. What does that make me?
    He may even be a she for all I know. So I guess that makes him a her just because it's possible, right?

I don't know one way or the other whether this person is a tech, retired tech, engineer, retired engineer, drag queen, accountant, or what, but I do know that I've seen less intelligent posts from some of the so-called professional members here.
    Thanks hvacrmedic! It's nice to know there are some people in this world who are not so ignorant. I am a Tech from Tucson but I will keep my time in service off record. I have found that years of experience has nothing to do with know how. Not just in this trade but in life all together. Post count and member status doesn't seem to be the key either. I think the key is to listen to others when they speak...

Quote Originally Posted by bell3156 View Post
    ttt... I like the way you think and I totaly agree with you about some of the people on here, there are some real pills. You can explain till your blue in the face...I do believe the unit will work and be efficient...You absolutly need the txv... I think the problem you will have is when the house does get sold and the compressor goes out on the unit, the tech will order the compressor off the condenser model number and put a 5ton compressor in. I would remove the condensor model and serial number and write in the contol panel 4 ton unit...I would write it everywhere on the units....Good luck

We're both on the same page. Glad to see another tech who can keep moving along with the thought process...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast