Confused HVAC Textbooks for classes

Hello all. I would to start by aplogizing to everybody because this post might be a tad long. I went to WYOTECH for HVAC about 4 years ago. The text book we used was Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology 4th Edition. I believe it had 3 authors. Anyway, the main gist of this thread is wether anyone out there thinks this book is any good. When I was going to school, I found it very difficult to follow along with this book. One of the things that irritated me with this book, was that sometimes, when you are reading a specific paragraph and that paragraph references a symbol ar drawing of some type e.g. see Fig. 1; most of the time that drawing or symbol would be about 2 or 3 pages away from tha paragraph you were reading. So, that you have a tendency to get lost or confused. Personally, I felt that this textbook was not fluid. But here is the irony, I just got hired 4 weeks ago as an apprentice, and they are sending me for online studies. The textbook we are using is the same book but the 5th edition. I am asking everybody in this forum for their opinion as to what they think would be a good HVAC textbook. Thanks for all your opinion.

That would be the standard text book.

If you think the book is hard to follow, you should go behind some of the jack legs around here.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

I have the 5th edition. I think it is one of the better written and assembled textbooks out there.

Just get used to it. I have the 5th edition as well. Read the complete paragraph. then look at the diagram. study the diagram so that you understand whats going on. then re-read the paragraph. Tedious, but worth it.