Arrow ArcoAire Turning on and off

Hi all,
    I was hoping someone could give me some advice on what I should do:

I have an ArcoAire furnace Model GDA060A012BIN (60000 BTU/hr, 48000 Output ?) and it just started acting up.

The thermostat is on, and something inside the furnace will turn on (like its getting ready to start the fan), a bunch of what sound like relays will flick around, then within about a minute, it will shut off. It never starts the fan.

I flicked the breaker on and off and that seemed to "fix" it temporarily (for a day).

It's probably time to get a new furnace, but for financial reasons, I'm hoping I can get it working for just a bit longer. Does this indicate a serious problem, or something I might be able to take a look at?

Thanks,

Does not sound like a new furnace could figer on at least a service call plus parts does not sound likely to be a board broblem or gas valve.

no DIY, please read Site Rules
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

You have already taken a look at it.
    Since you have not been able to fix it while you were looking at it.

I'm sorry to tell you, its time to call for service call.
    Just a guess, but its been a while since it was serviced. So its time a tech looked at it, and made sure it was safe to continue to keep using it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by jwater7 View Post
    It's probably time to get a new furnace, but for financial reasons, I'm hoping I can get it working for just a bit longer.

Well, this is the kind of thing I like to hear out of a homeowner! It sounds like you realize that furnaces don't last forever. Since we can't give you any advise on this site (DIY) what you should do is call for service. A GOOD service technician is going to look at, evaluate and then explain to you what is going to be needed to fix this problem. At that point he should also provide you with a cost of the repairs. Here is where YOU are in the driver's seat. You take that cost of repairs and weigh that against what a replacement would not only cost you, but SAVE you in the long run. You have some heat and are getting by....I would find out what it takes to fix the problem (not put a band aid on it) and then find out what it would cost to get a new system...that way you can make a more informed decision! Good luck and keep us posted on what happens!
    I need a new signature.....

Thanks for all your replys. This is all new to me.

I'm sorry it came across that I wanted to fix it myself, mostly I am just concerned that it might be a safety problem and wanted some input on that.

I had in mind that I might need to find someone to come, so I was hoping I could get an idea of what it was, so I could be prepared with the "lingo" when he came.

I took your advice and called a technician, so he will be coming shortly. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Hey jwater7.....what part of the country are you in??

Seattle, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by jwater7 View Post
    I took your advice and called a technician, so he will be coming shortly. I'll keep you posted.,
    You made a good decision... one a number of visitors on this site outright refuse to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    You made a good decision... one a number of visitors on this site outright refuse to do.
    LOL...I love the guys that come on here and ask questions like....."what's wrong with my unit?? I just spent four hours switching out every part I have on it with my mother-in-laws unit because they are the same and it still won't work."

That was my personal favorite!

Well, he came and took a look.

He said it was the flame sensor. He polished it up (charged me an hours worth of work) and left. He said if that wasn't it, and it still has the problem, the circuit board might need to be changed out (in contrast with one post on here). Anyway, I'll let it run for another 24-48hrs and see if it happens again like last time.

Thanks,

Hmm

Need to hold the board a little closer to the monitor so I can see it an tell if its good.