Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question The most reliable moderatly priced Elec.Refrig. Leak Detector

In the market for a New Elec. leak Detector. Just wanting some opinions on what experienced techs think are the best product for your buck!!! thanks

Best seems to be the H-10.......also most expensive.

Next best seems to D-Tek Select.........bought one, it grew legs on the job one day, I liked it so much I went right out and bought another one.

These are the only two I've used that worked worth a darn.

Quote Originally Posted by RU4real View Post
    In the market for a New Elec. leak Detector. Just wanting some opinions on what experienced techs think are the best product for your buck!!! thanks
    Me too.

I've been using Inficon TekMate for years and I think it's a good performer considering the low price ($150).

But I'm ready to move up to a more accurate and quiet one since Tekmate cant be muted. Tif ZX1 and the new Yellow Jacket are top contenders.

Opinions?
    Arizona dreaming....

had a tif zx1 had nothing but problems with it. bought the d-tek like everyone told me to, and have nothing but success with it. the d-tek is made by infinicon- so i would use anything along thier line of products
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I have the D-tek as well...pretty much my first method for finding a leak....however I also have this one....I call it OLD FAITHFULL!! This little gem finds that leak every time and has never let me down.

http://www.bacharach-inc.com/h10g_copy(1).htm
    I need a new signature.....

OLD FAITHFULL is right!! can you even get those things anymore?? never in my life had a better leak detector. mine broke cannot get it to work right. i tried cleaning it out and everything i can think of and it just won't work anymore. i bought mine 5yrs ago at a flea mall

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

What nobodys going to promote the informant???????????

http://www.amazon.com/Informant-2-Re.../dp/B000VNHNT2

Not only is it the best refridgerant detector ever it also is a very good LP NG detector.

Price is better then fair for a daul tool like this
    It comes in a nice case and the replacement tips are easy to get
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    OLD FAITHFULL is right!! can you even get those things anymore?? never in my life had a better leak detector. mine broke cannot get it to work right. i tried cleaning it out and everything i can think of and it just won't work anymore. i bought mine 5yrs ago at a flea mall
    Check ebay...there are a bunch of them on there.....I got that link directly from the site....so yeah they are still making them...I think that is the latest model...I love mine but only use it when I have tried everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    Check ebay...there are a bunch of them on there.....I got that link directly from the site....so yeah they are still making them...I think that is the latest model...I love mine but only use it when I have tried everything else!
    shoot if there is and outlet close by, which there normally is here, i go straight fir it!! my d-tek has very little usage on it but it is very good indeed. i have shecked between both and my d-tek has yet to not see a leak ole faithfull has found

I have the select and have had great luck with it. I had to change the sesnor module but I had needed it bad and had to buy the display model that every tech in town had fingered. It has been great.

I have seen new H-10 on the shelf and I think the new one is rechargable so you don't need a big ol extension cord.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post
    I have the select and have had great luck with it. I had to change the sesnor module but I had needed it bad and had to buy the display model that every tech in town had fingered. It has been great.

I have seen new H-10 on the shelf and I think the new one is rechargable so you don't need a big ol extension cord.
    the selct? new H-10? who makes these models?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    the selct? new H-10? who makes these models?
    Not sure about the select...but the H-10 was the model I posted the link to.

I just noticed it on the wall at gemaire. I think I have seen it at Johnstone too. I'll look closer next time I am in the parts house.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast