+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost to this?

Post Likes
    Oh man!! That is awesome.

They'll be singing the low bidder blues for years to come!!

Post Likes
    Just stunning.....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    "I'm sure Carrier, or any manufacturer for that matter, would like to see what's being done with they're equipment."
    The manufacturer could give a crap less what it looks like. As stated earlier the very installer of this fine abortion was made dealer of the year. That's almost as entertaining as the bag of hammers salesman who came into my office and said the Lowes and Home Depot crap is good for everyone because of brand recognition. My brand is me and my company and I am loyal to my customers and myself and the customers install what I recommend. The big brands think we are unable to think for ourselves. They need to realize that we are the purchasers-- not the homeowners. Whew!!! I can breathe now.

Post Likes
    LAST company i worked for did an awful lot of homes that way- ductboard square box and run the hell out of flex- I hope you noticed I said LAST company- got my own lics. now and do my own gig. .

Post Likes
    That's just f***ing ridiculous!!!

Post Likes
    That kind of crap goes on here a lot. A lot of builders just want the lowest price, don't give a rats you know what about your quality service or good work. I can hardly compete in new construction for builders anymore especially the way the housing market has tanked. The hacks are taking it all over with their low ball bids and wrecking the industry for everyone else. If that's the kind of work they want they can have it as far as I'm concerned. Don't ask me to do it thay way though. You get what you pay for.
    Remember, some poor fool has to work on what you install someday, and it might even be you.

Post Likes
    air don't care !!
    i can't believe the first r.a pic they had all the room they needed why? oval it out .I assume this a high $ home ? how can they stay in business or even sleep at night (hacks). was it inspected ? it looks like a cluster**** to me and i would hate to be called out there. contractors always put in janajunk or similar and have a good duct system this is reverse good system not being used to its full capacity due to poor air flow how could you balance it

Post Likes
    Iguess i get to sell a duct system in a few years! I think I will go to a nice spagetti diner first befor the inspector get their. ever herd of a d-box

Post Likes

atleast they used mastic

Post Likes
    In the second picture, you have to love that run where it is pinched at the top plate before it runs along the roof line.

QC at it’s best.

These manufacturers could give a flip about jobs like this. The contractor receiving recognition is for boxes moved, not quality of job. And the contractors use these rewards to brainwash the public in their ads they are good based on manufacturer rewards and recognition they receive. Can you say consumer fraud.

Post Likes
    I may be crossing a line here but I'm going to anyway. A number of members have mentioned that this gives not only the manufacturer a bad name but also the industry. This kind of crap does nothing to help the perception people have of an hvac tech. When you guys see something like this that is so obviously wrong why don't you drop an email to the licensing department or someone else with authority? Some of the stuff i have personally seen and even some of the pics on here are bad but oh well. This one is huge! We are talking big bucks and it hopefully is not too late to get it fixed. I don't know, just seems wrong to allow it. If this is install stands as is and a year later the customer calls in a company for an opinion that includeds a total rework of a brand new system, what is going to go through the customers mind. Are they going to think you are trying to rip them off or will they realize that has already happened and your there to help correct the mess. There are times when people like this need to be tossed under the bus, this is definately one of them.

Post Likes
    i bet the equipment is not an ARI matching system and is oversized by at least 25%

Post Likes
    I don't even know if I could do this one if I tried.... I would at least need a box of some sort to hack in the returns... I guess this guy can do without. Must be alot of tape and mastic holding that mess together...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in