Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost to this?

Can you say, LOW BALL!!!!!!

You have to love those calls. "Can you do something about the poor air flow in x room?" "What do you mean I need to replace my duct work, it's brand new."

Call your builder ma'm, your duct work is in your builders back pocket.

Frustrating.

i like how they sqeezed that return duct into an oval. LMAO thats so crummy. what a bunch of hacks making all of us look bad. i cannot believe that this could pass inspection. it wouldn't down here!!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Thumbs down Poor design/ Hack'N'sack duct

First off that gives Carrier a bad name with that hackstream duct system.

A bunch new construction hackers goes on here in Texas,I have had to measure and re-design several homes in Colleyville and Keller with pan/returns and slinky loop duct systems.

Went on call today with 5 ton Carrier furnace and 20x30x1 return box in ceiling and is was whistle 'ng' a tune.Cold evaporator and rusted; unit 2004 install.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Holy Crap!

I can't believe that any inspector, (even an unskilled one), would pass a hackstallation like that.

What a nightmare, especially after the sheetrock is up. I feel sorry for the poor SOB that gets that "no cooling" call.

I'm sure Carrier, or any manufacturer for that matter, would like to see what's being done with they're equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post
    First off that gives Carrier a bad name with that hackstream duct system.

A bunch new construction hackers goes on here in Texas,I have had to measure and re-design several homes in Colleyville and Keller with pan/returns and slinky loop duct systems.

Went on call today with 5 ton Carrier furnace and 20x30x1 return box in ceiling and is was whistle 'ng' a tune.Cold evaporator and rusted; unit 2004 install.
    was it whistling dixie
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    was it whistling dixie
    Oh Suzanna ,O don't you cry foe me cause
    my Carrier man aircooled is going to design you on one knee.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Oh man!! That is awesome.

They'll be singing the low bidder blues for years to come!!

Just stunning.....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

"I'm sure Carrier, or any manufacturer for that matter, would like to see what's being done with they're equipment."
    The manufacturer could give a crap less what it looks like. As stated earlier the very installer of this fine abortion was made dealer of the year. That's almost as entertaining as the bag of hammers salesman who came into my office and said the Lowes and Home Depot crap is good for everyone because of brand recognition. My brand is me and my company and I am loyal to my customers and myself and the customers install what I recommend. The big brands think we are unable to think for ourselves. They need to realize that we are the purchasers-- not the homeowners. Whew!!! I can breathe now.

LAST company i worked for did an awful lot of homes that way- ductboard square box and run the hell out of flex- I hope you noticed I said LAST company- got my own lics. now and do my own gig. .

That's just f***ing ridiculous!!!

That kind of crap goes on here a lot. A lot of builders just want the lowest price, don't give a rats you know what about your quality service or good work. I can hardly compete in new construction for builders anymore especially the way the housing market has tanked. The hacks are taking it all over with their low ball bids and wrecking the industry for everyone else. If that's the kind of work they want they can have it as far as I'm concerned. Don't ask me to do it thay way though. You get what you pay for.
    Remember, some poor fool has to work on what you install someday, and it might even be you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast