Revisiting my new system one month later

Revisiting my new system one month later

To recap:

My old system: '95 vintage Goodman Janitrol heat pump installed by home builder.

My new system: 15/16 SEER Maytag heat pump with VS AH and two stage compressor.

Energy usage, old system:

January: 3032 KWH, average temp 60
    February: 3014 KWH, average temp 59

Energy usage, new system, first 30 days:

Feb 12-March 13: 2128 KWH

I don't have the average temp data for this period, but it will be on my electric bill when it arrives in a few days. We've had some pretty cold days in the last month.

So far, I am VERY happy. I am anxious to see how the system performs when it is time to switch to cooling.

Again, I want to thank everyone on this forum. Info that I picked up here helped me to decide on which system and contractor to use.

Quote Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
    To recap:

My old system: '95 vintage Goodman Janitrol heat pump installed by home builder.

My new system: 15/16 SEER Maytag heat pump with VS AH and two stage compressor.

Energy usage, old system:

January: 3032 KWH, average temp 60
    February: 3014 KWH, average temp 59

Energy usage, new system, first 30 days:

Feb 12-March 13: 2128 KWH

I don't have the average temp data for this period, but it will be on my electric bill when it arrives in a few days. We've had some pretty cold days in the last month.

So far, I am VERY happy. I am anxious to see how the system performs when it is time to switch to cooling.

Again, I want to thank everyone on this forum. Info that I picked up here helped me to decide on which system and contractor to use.
    Your cooling costs should be much less than heating since bitter cold winter temps require back-up electric heat from the strips.

In June 07, I replaced a 21 year-old 7 SEER Trane heat pump with a 14 SEER / 12 EER Goodman. The reduction in kilowatt consumption was 42% comparing August 07 with August 06 which were summer months that were similar in temperatures.

Best to you.