Question Has anyone heard of "Thermal Services"

After a couple of interviews, I just recieved a job offer from a larger company in Omaha, Nebraska by the name of Thermal Services. I am from North Carolina so I really don't know much about their reputation. Has anyone out there heard of Thermal Services' reputation---both with customers and/or how they are to work for?

-joe

Thermal Services is a well respected HVAC contractor in the Omaha area (Lennox dealer). I had a buddy I went to HVAC school with who worked for them and he was happy there. Last I knew, they had their own training program for apprentices, with a full-time in-house instructor. I don't think you would be disappointed in their operation. They're definitely not hacks or low-ballers.

http://www.thermalservices.com/
    Last edited by snewman24; 03-12-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Added link

What he said! Large company in Omaha and very well respected. I think it would be a good place to work. Are you ready for a real winter? LOL
    Its a good Life!

Exclamation Raleigh

Quote Originally Posted by jshvacguy View Post

I am from North Carolina so I really don't know much about their reputation.
    -joe
    Or if you are qualified, a local NC company may be your choice.

Five years experience in the field is preferred.

Must have a technical degree from a two-year college
    or a combination of experience and education to equal the above requirements.
    Must have current EPA/CFC certification.
    Must be self-motivated and driven to learn all aspects of the HVAC industry.
    http://www.bradyservices.com/Default.aspx?tabid=65
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Thumbs up Phew

Well I guess you can't beat that! It a relief to hear all of this! Well if anybody else is looking for a job, the guy I interviewed with said he is looking for around 5 techs all together. I found their ad on www.careerlink.com, plus I told the manager about this site so there is probably one in the job fourm.

thanks for the replies!

-joe

Contractor's are almost always looking for HVAC techs in Omaha. We have no shortage of jobs around here. We also have scads of apartment complexes and commercial mgmt. companies looking for maintenance people.

Thermal Services replaced my home's A/C in 2001 and has done all our HVAC service since then. We've been happy with their service and the professionalism of their techs.

Smile Thanks!

Thank you Joe and everyone else for the fine compliments regarding our company. I shared some of these posts with the technicians this morning and we all feel privileged to work for such a well respected company!

As Joe wrote earlier we still are looking for techs and apprentices due to a lot of growth in the last year. If anyone on this site is even considering a new job (or knows someone who is), regardless of experience I would gladly guarantee a one on one interview if contacted through hvac-talk.

Thanks again!

Arron Kochanowicz
    Residential Operations Manager
    Thermal Services, Inc.

It gets to cold there, BRRRRRRrrrrr.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.