I need help with a Carrier Roof/Top unit...Please

Hi All… I am Dave

Really could use your help... I am a certified A/C and Heating Technican... I graduated from RSI, (Refrigeration School Institute),Institute in Phoenix.. I am asking for a second opinion of which the first is my opinion... But I need your help if at all possible...

I have a Carrier roof top, A/C and Heating unit that has a Mother Board or called a control Board... This board has an Error code detection light when something is wrong... It flashes 1 thru 8 error codes.... Now the particular errors are as follows... It listed 3 errors...
    The inducer fan will not shot off to complete the shut down cycle after it reaches the Thermostat setting…. As the fan just keeps running until I turn off the main power and these are the error codes that are displayed on the Board before I shut off the main power…

1 flash.... Fan on/off delay modified
    6 flashes.. Inducer switch fault
    8 flashes.. Internal control fault

I have never had a unit show so many errors codes... But my opinion is that the Mother Board,(Control Board),is at fault and I need another Mother Board, (Control Board). Because the Fan Delay is internal to the board and also the Internal Control Fault is also part of the Board, and I also believe that the Inducer Control switch is also part of the board.... Can you confirm that I need a new board??? I do not want to replace the board with out a your advice first....

Carrier Roof Top... A/C n Heating unit

Model #..... 48SS-042080321
    Serial #.... 4695G80613

Thank You,
    David Morton...

Code 8, internal control fault = defective board. Usually.

Provided you checked to make sure no one has put a power stealing stat on that unit. And that voltage is proper.
    Code 8 usually means the board is bad.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thank you very much for your information..... Never had a unit show this many faults at once.... So I was second guessing my self.... Again thank you.... and I will let you know how it goes when I get back to that unit..... This is what I was thinking that the board was bad.... But needed a second opinion....

David Morton

Thank you very much for your information..... Never had a unit show this many faults at once.... So I was second guessing my self.... Again thank you.... and I will let you know how it goes when I get back to that unit..... This is what I was thinking that the board was bad.... But needed a second opinion....

Before you go to a new board, take off ALL t-stat wires & just jump out R&W & see if there are errors on a call for heat..

If not, then you can focus on the t-stat.

Chek your high voltage
    I had a loose connection that was melting the wires inside of the disconect
    the unit ran but the board gave me a mess of codes as well
    I remember my first day,It was fun!