Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Have you seen this bad boy

Big Crimpin HVAC has created the coolest HVAC tool available on

the market today. This tool crimps spiral sheet metal duct (22

Gauge and milder) quickly and with ease.

I just ordered mine today looked like it could pay for it's self in a hurry.
    You can get them at www.bigcrimpinhvac.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That thing looks great if it works the way they say it does. Give us a feed back
    when you get one.
    Whoa Maynard - that's not how it works.

I really like the idea, but it looks pretty easy to fudge up a piece of pipe if you're not careful. If you look at the 26" video, they may have messed one up already. At the very end you can see the messed up crimp on the piece they put on top of the other.

I think it could be improved if the jaws could open up, and close down on the piece. Run it around the pipe, then unclamp. It would make the tool that much more expensive though. Also if you put a very slight angle on the 'track' to help it pull down onto the pipe so it keeps a uniform crimp the whole way around.

I think i'll stick to collars to join spiral pipe. But I definitly give them points, it is awesome. ANY innovation is better than no innovation.

Huh! Looks like a great tool...but $150 seems a little steep to me. The other bad part is that it only works with an impact. I don't know many guys that have cordless impacts on their trucks or on their jobs

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Man I've never seen any tinner that didn't have one of them impact drivers (that's what that is btw, not a regular impact)

I'd love to have one, but thankfully I don't do much if any tin anymore, so my regular crimpers work fine.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    I don't know many guys that have cordless impacts on their trucks or on their jobs
    It seems like everyone I know has one, lol.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Response from the inventor of "BigCrimpin" Crimper

Thank you for the compliments and criticism!

We have been crimping the same 10ft piece of 26" 22 gauge spiral pipe (testing various crimper designs). The ones in the past have crimped too deep or not enough. That video is our personal record of crimpers in action. At the top of the video is a crimp from a previous models test run.

We patented a product that makes a beautiful crimp, not to deep, but just right!

Special thanks to wesselte for showing so much interest in our product. Can't wait untill you recieve your crimper! You are right. It will pay for itself in a hurry. *up to 400% more production when using the "BigCrimpin" Crimpers.

If companies weren't so cheap and went with the gasketed spiral pipe and fittings, then the crimper wouldn't be needed.

So, who pays for the tool? Who gets the benefit of the increased production?

Twilli confused thought it was about pimpin not crimpin
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Looks like a neat tool, but I'm not a tinner. Now since we have some of you here who work with this stuff, I would like to ask a maybe stupid question.

Whats the atvantage to spiral pipe versus regular snap together pipe ??

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Spiral looks much better when the ductwork is visible, like in restaraunts, rec centers, etc. Public buildings usually

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Whats the atvantage to spiral pipe versus regular snap together pipe ??
    It comes in 10' and longer lengths, withstands higher pressures, is stronger.

The longer lengths make for faster assembly, fewer joints to seal, fewer hangers requred.

If you have a plasma torch, you can put together a round trunk with saddle taps amazingly fast.

Kinda pricey, but the labor savings offset the materials cost.

I would love to use more of it, but it usually doesn't work out well in residential retrofits. Kinda hard trying to maneuver 10' joints of pipe around inside a house and up into the attic.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    If you have a plasma torch, you can put together a round trunk with saddle taps amazingly fast.

(
    WOW!!! You guys have it made!!! First cordless impacts....now plasma torches to cut in taps?!?!?!? Any job openings???

We use lindab spiro safe with our spiral anyway. The only thing we might need to crimp is snaplock pipe....but we hardly ever even use that anymore since we got a spiral machine.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast