Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    What's a dumper damper for?


    My parents have a ranch, 2 zones. Furnace is gas; single stage (I'm pretty sure).

    Not too far from the furnace, there is a large duct that connects directly from the supply to the return, with a counterweighted damper. The HVAC tech called it a "dumper damper". Great name.

    Is this a standard thing? Is it to equalize pressure if one zone is being heated/cooled?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    That's the Bypass Damper,no big deal on the name,it allows excess air to bypass from the supply to the return,when less then all zones are calling .

    It should be closed when all zones are calling.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thanks dash.

  4. #4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365