Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Lol...
    Glad you seen it as a joke. Sometimes on the net you type then realize it may sound different then you meant it. I wasn't sure how that came across.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Ok here is what you do. You take some plastic tarps and duct tape them together and lay them out on the floor. Then you take some old used drain pipe, or PVC, or steal a bunch of those hamster tubes(note you will have to plug the holes with gum), and tie it all together and tape it to one edge of the tarp floor barrier. Now what you have is a whole floor drain pan. Be sure to rout your drain to the yard so you can watter your grass. Then go to Wallmart and get one of those lawn toys that has the giant sunflower head that whips around and sprays water all over. Hook it up to the garden hose(witch you will no longer need to water the lawn, see above). For added comfort you can add a shut off valve and clamp the hose to the floor by the entry door, this will allow the user to adjust the amount of cooling they feel comfortable with. If you need any examples of how to properly apply duct tape look up a duct tape expert known as the Red Green Show on Youtube.com

Good Luck
    Disclaimer: Graf Refrigeration can not be held responsible for damages to your property if you DIY, you should get a professional duct tape application co.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

The smiley gave it away.

Chaad.
    The OP did say portable unit wont do it and a room to room fan wont do it either... .

He just didn't say why.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

The smiley gave it away.

Chaad.
    The OP did say portable unit wont do it and a room to room fan wont do it either... .

He just didn't say why.
    Actually Bell said that, I don't believe it was the op.

I sit corrected.
    Contractor locator map

I sit corrected.
    Not much goes on around here this late at night...

So, how do we know a portable won't do it? He could alway's rent one and try it out. Still say one could do an entire apt. and be done with the window shakers.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Yea, could put a central in and do the entire apartment.
    But he doesn't want to spen the money.
    After all, its for a rental, not his house.
    Contractor locator map

OK sorry for the smart ass remarks. Long day. Have you looked at a multi zone mini split? Could cool all three rooms, and the juice bill would go way down. Nice set up, less noise, possible heat pump= more comfort= you can charge a little more for rent and get ROI faster.

Question, who pays the electric, you or the tenet? Add the fact that you don't have to lug those window shakers up and down the stairs every season, and the better look for the place...
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Smile Hey, thanks for the discussion.

Sometimes it's good to have others, including professionals, tell you that there aren't any other options (other than those you have thought of, or that others have suggested). ---This forum, and your help---has given me the confidence that I have thought of, or heard just about every option to deal with my problem. ----And that, in itself, is helpful. ----Well, what I've decided is to go with a mini-split system --- a quad-system that will give me a zone unit for the living room, and each of the 3 bedrooms (that way each location will have zone control).---A qual system will run me $4,000 to 4,900., but it will solve the problem. Again, before I laid out the $cash$, I wanted to make sure that all options were consider. ---Thank you everyone for the discussion. ---Jaes.
    P.S.: Until very recently, I couldn't find a quad-mini-split system (only a 3-zone system)---thus, the above stated problem was giving me headaches---BUT, recently, on the web, I found that SANYO makes a quad system.

Bj's and other retailers sell coolers that use thermoelectric cooling from a dc voltage source like in a car. You could buy multiple coolers, and run power cords out to your cigarette lighter instead, but I dont know if this would meet local building code.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12