time to play, Find The Missing Facts

recent media reports from Los Angeles area have found pharmicuticles in the local dinking water.

The Question : what major piece of information is the news media conveniently forgetting to mention?

The Clue: the news channel said "only a small portion of pharmicuticles are used by the body"

...you fill in the big blank

Every time you drink tap water, and most bottled waters, some of it used to be sewage, even if it came from a well.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

There is already a thread here addressing this information. Heck, it even has a link to an article it references. See, that way we know where the info comes from, can read it ourselves and read into ourselves if we want to.
    http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164747
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

some of it used to be sewage

BING BING BING, we have a winner.

how does the news media have the nerve to get on TV, and do a report about pharmicuticles in the water, and not even mention how they are getting there?

tiolet to tap is not something that is well publicized, most people don't know they are doing it.

i've never heard them admit it, i've only heard them say they could do it.

the thing i love the most is how they can say it's completly safe, then a year or so later, basically admit that they have failed,

...and no one is in danger of losing their job, or even questioned about the process.

...and they are not interested in desalinizing salt water, it has to be sewage.

So, I guess you think there is no sewage in salt water?
    I would bet a sizable sum that most Americans are very aware of the fact that water is recycled over and over. And they don't need a news reporter to clue them in to that fact.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.