Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    you were already told about having a relay installed, then you expected diy info

is its baseless to tell you if you want to really learn about hvac then take some hvac classes?

is it baseless to tell you to call a capable tech?

is it baseless to warn you about burning up costly parts?

there is a tight group of capable technicians on this website

we dont give step by step info to diy'ers

i hope you feel better about trying to slander my company

i wont lower myself and get up into your buisness and talk smack about what you do for a proffesion!

At this point, I can't tell if you are intentioinally baiting me by continuing to call me a liar or if you are just plain ignorant (I'm leaning toward the latter). I stated multiple times in this thread that 1.) I was not looking for step-by-step instructions. 2.) I had already hired a competent tech, but like to have some working knoweldge on a subject before calling him. 3.) It was not a DIY job............

In either case (bating or ignorant), this is clear evidence that anyone considering hiring you should think twice. Why can't you understand that a non-DIYer would still like to edify himself on subject in which he is making a MAJOR financial investment? Why are you afraid of consumers being knowledgeable about the investments they are making? What do you have to hide?

All I was looking for was a simple explanation of what a "Universal Relay" was.....That is no reason to call me a liar. A simple explanation would have sufficed, or simply ignoring the post would be fine, but instead you chose to accuse of of lieing.

As for burning out parts, how would giving an explanation of what a universal relay is burn out parts? Something as simple as "A U.R. is a device about the size of an ice cube. It would be installed outside the thermostat (not in it). It can be configured in a manner so that when current is passed from the t-stat, it would prevent the current from reaching the motorized duct. Similarliy, when the t-stat is not sending current, the U.R. would send it. This would effectively reverse the action of my damper and produce the desired effect". This is what I eneded up learning by calling an electrician friend of mine.....A far cry from step-by-step instructions, again which I never asked for.

Thanks again for those on this board who offer constructive comments rather than making baseless claims that someone is lieing.

i think he has tried to squeeze info from you, (but it aint working)

he needs to realize that he can burn up a bunch of parts by doing himself

if he wants to learn how to do it he may need to take a couple hvac classes

or just call a (capable) tech!.

here is the quote in which you insist i called you a liar!

in previous post #5 you state that:

"i dont see why i should not solicit ideas from this board before speaking to my guys"

that seems to be the standard DIY lingo for this board, if you are not a DIY,er like some in this forum

then i stand corrected, we just dont want people getting hurt, or burning up expensive parts

now as stated if you want to learn the trade either take an hvac class

or apply for pro membership on this board

and chill out with the name calling!

Question was aked.
    Answer was given.
    Let the thread die.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Above, plus, disclaiming DIY then asking for elaboration on the simplest of tasks is a contradiction, and airmechanical saw through it. Stop whining already.

here is the quote in which you insist i called you a liar!

in previous post #5 you state that:

"i dont see why i should not solicit ideas from this board before speaking to my guys"

that seems to be the standard DIY lingo for this board, if you are not a DIY,er like some in this forum

then i stand corrected, we just dont want people getting hurt, or burning up expensive parts

now as stated if you want to learn the trade either take an hvac class

or apply for pro membership on this board

and chill out with the name calling!

Apology accepted. Glad you finally admitted you were wrong. Hopefully this will prevent you from jumping to conclusions in the future. QED.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanl3 View Post
    Apology accepted.

hopefully you learned we are only trying to avoid people from getting hurt!

i have not heard an apology for the name calling, or are you above apologies

Thanks for the back-up guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12