Lawmaker's anti-gay comments attract attention

Came across this today. I don't necessarily agree with her comments, HOWEVER! There are those calling for censure or other actions against her which is just as wrong. Where is her freedom of speech? Kind of hypocritical, ain't it!? Not to mention that it was recorded and published on u-tube without her consent.
    http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=7983168
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Yep. When a legislator tells the truth, it ALWAYS gets attention since they so seldom do that.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

You have to remember that liberals live by different rules than the rest of us. Freedom of speech applies only when you are in agreement with them.

They also champion freedom of choice. To prove it, they will gladly supply you with a list of approved choices that you are free to choose from.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    You have to remember that liberals live by different rules than the rest of us. Freedom of speech applies only when you are in agreement with them.

They also champion freedom of choice. To prove it, they will gladly supply you with a list of approved choices that you are free to choose from.
    Seems to me you're describing republicans and "conservatives"

In some countries people will be imprisoned or executed for speaking against the government. Which political parties' ideas most closely resemble the ideas of the leaders of those countries?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    Seems to me you're describing republicans and "conservatives"
    There ya are, fix...confirmation of your statement.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

What did she think would happen with the interview she gave? As soon as something is stated publicly, it is in the public domain and anyone can use it. Like your garbage can. As soon as it is placed on the curb, it becomes public property. She shouldn't have mixed her personal agenda with her elected opinion, unless everyone that voted for her feels exactly the same way and she is speaking for them.

Freedom is relative to those in charge. Free elections were offered in the former Soviet Union. The only restriction was the party picked the candidates for you to chose from. You were free to vote for any from the selected pool of candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by troyorr View Post
    What did she think would happen with the interview she gave? As soon as something is stated publicly, it is in the public domain and anyone can use it. Like your garbage can. As soon as it is placed on the curb, it becomes public property. She shouldn't have mixed her personal agenda with her elected opinion, unless everyone that voted for her feels exactly the same way and she is speaking for them.
    I don't think it was an interview, I believe she was speaking to a selected group of supporters or some such.
    Elected opinion? What the devil is that? Politicians ALL have their own opinions. Do you think they should poll the constituents each time they have to make a comment or make up their mind on something?
    At least she didn't come back and say she didn't say it or didn't agree with it.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ah, sadly I believe you are correct. It's okay to come out and be homosexual but it isn't okay for someone else to say they disagree with that lifestyle.

No, the link you provided states she gave an interview, so her comments became public domain. What I ment by elected opinion was her public opinion should be that of the individuals that elected her to office. To many times, our elected officials allow their own personal agendas to influence how they speak and vote, forgetting they are supposed to represent their constituents!!!!!! opinions and beliefs. Just my opinion on that. Mybe I should copyright that term, elected opinion. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She made some outlandish claims and would have benefited if she could have supported her claims with some facts.

Politicians are supposed to represent their constituents. However, politicians are elected by people that agree with their stance and vote for them. They don't CHANGE their opinions to reflect that of their constituents.

Yeah, my wife can 'choose' to abort a baby, but we will soon have NO CHOICE in the light bulbs we buy.

http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=2280
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.