Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My point is, that if the blower is set to 400 CFM per ton.
    If the humidity is above set point. The IAQ will slow the blower down.
    To about 332 CFM.
    If the humidity is below set point, it will let the blower run at its set 400 CFM, giving higher efficiency.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    My point is, that if the blower is set to 400 CFM per ton.
    If the humidity is above set point. The IAQ will slow the blower down.
    To about 332 CFM.
    If the humidity is below set point, it will let the blower run at its set 400 CFM, giving higher efficiency.

I will check tonight to see what the CFM was set to.

Thanks for the info. I am also ordering the IAQ stat as well as an outside sensor.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    I'm no Dash but I'll say that the 350 proves optimum. With the Southwest Florida summertime due point average being 74 degrees the less run time at the reduced discharge temps the better. The 350 per ton still provides improved dehumidification which reduces the amount of cool to dehumidify operatioin and in my book thats a good thing.
    What he said.

Ideally it might be nice to have it go to 400 cfms per ton,at or near design conditions,for the higher efficiency.

Your point is taken and is correct. But my primary interest is the structure, its components and occupants. Given the typical SHR of the current crop of air conditioners and considering the local climatic conditions the resulting runtime when operating in the cool to dehumidify mode and pushing 50 degree air through duct in an attic with a dew point of 75 degrees or higher will have less than desirable results.

Two of the dipswitches need to be set in that air handler and it will have the dehumidification mode. I believe it is dip switches 7&8 however you should have the installers come back and do so.
    SRJ

Quote Originally Posted by SBuckJ View Post
    Two of the dipswitches need to be set in that air handler and it will have the dehumidification mode. I believe it is dip switches 7&8 however you should have the installers come back and do so.
    SRJ

allright just got off the phone with my A/C tech and he told me my system does not have this feature. If that is the case i am pissed as i asked for it on my original install and have spent a ton of cash on this setup.

Now i see why us customers get pissed off and get on these boards to rant. These a/c installers have NO CLUE what they sell us. I am very upset as this system was not cheap and i got a half ass job.

I just checked and my switches 1-8 are all ON.....

You need to call a qualified servicer. If all 8 switches are up, or on, than you are all messed up. switches 1 -4 are for cooling. 5-6 are for the amount of KW heat you have . Switch 7-8 are your dehumid delay settings. If all switches are set properly,(which are not), and if a humidistat is wired across the HUM terminals of your PCB, than when the humidity rises above desired setting , the blower will ramp down to 75 % of the selected cooling CFM. Which in this case would be 400 CFM , and 75% would be 300 CFM. The model you have has this capability, and you need a QUALIFIED servicer to take care of it. Keep in mind that any adjustments made to an ECM with power applied can and will scramble the programing in the motor.
    Sound installation practices is the key to success. Equipment is only as good as the person installing it.

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke.

Luis ,No offense,but wasn't it the neighbor ,who's an installer,not a contractor that sold and installed this??

"Guys thank you for your HELP and professional responses. I finally got a system installed. I spoke to so many people i was confused and in the other end i was freaking cold.

I ended up with a neighbor friend who installs systems everyday and he recommended a Frigidaire 4 ton heat pump with a variable speed furnace at 14 seers. I had a 3.5 ton tempstar for the last 5 years.

He did a wonderful job with the install and i put my trust in him with his advice on what system to get. He was very pleased with the new frigidaire untis. I could have got a trane, rheem, or carrier but ended up with what my installer recommended and relied on his experience.

Now I had a Vision Pro 8120 with my Tempstar and would like to know if I can use a Vision Pro 8121 to take advantage of its dehumdification settings.

Please let me know as I will ask him as well, i should have and forgot."

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Luis ,No offense,but wasn't it the neighbor ,who's an installer,not a contractor that sold and installed this??

"Guys thank you for your HELP and professional responses. I finally got a system installed. I spoke to so many people i was confused and in the other end i was freaking cold.

I ended up with a neighbor friend who installs systems everyday and he recommended a Frigidaire 4 ton heat pump with a variable speed furnace at 14 seers. I had a 3.5 ton tempstar for the last 5 years.

He did a wonderful job with the install and i put my trust in him with his advice on what system to get. He was very pleased with the new frigidaire untis. I could have got a trane, rheem, or carrier but ended up with what my installer recommended and relied on his experience.

Now I had a Vision Pro 8120 with my Tempstar and would like to know if I can use a Vision Pro 8121 to take advantage of its dehumdification settings.

Please let me know as I will ask him as well, i should have and forgot."
    dash,

the neighbor is a licensed installer and does allot of systems in the neighborhood. He used the vision pro that was in use by my Tempstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-Pasco View Post
    dash,

the neighbor is a licensed installer and does allot of systems in the neighborhood. He used the vision pro that was in use by my Tempstar.
    Again,no offense,but no one licenses installers,in Florida,he would need a Contractors License.Did he pull a permit and have the job inspected?

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Again,no offense,but no one licenses installers,in Florida,he would need a Contractors License.Did he pull a permit and have the job inspected?
    No sir, he told my wife and I one was not needed as it would be a easy swap. So you are saying i needed one .

What really sucks is i have a 5 years labor warranty with this guy.

Unfortunately, some contractors install VS blowers, and have no idea how to set them up.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast