Carrier / Tempstar / Bryant ?

I am looking for a replacement for my 20 year old Kenmore
    residental heating and airconditioning unit.

The contractor I spoke with yesterday tells me he can install
    Tempstar, Carrier and Bryant products, I have not yet had him to the house for a quote.

In a nutshell I am interested in opinions on which brand is the most reliable, easiet to obtain parts and service for and any other tips anyone can send my way.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Casey
    Last edited by casey915; 03-09-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Both Tempstar and Bryant products are reliable. But they are only as good as the person who installs it. I doesn't matter which brand or how much you spend, if its not installed correctly or sized properly you will never be happy with it. Do your research and go with who you feel comfortable with. Get more than one bid, and remember the lowest bid is usually not the smartest way to go. You will know who to use after you talk to a few contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolutionizer View Post
    Both Tempstar and Bryant products are reliable. But they are only as good as the person who installs it. I doesn't matter which brand or how much you spend, if its not installed correctly or sized properly you will never be happy with it. Do your research and go with who you feel comfortable with. Get more than one bid, and remember the lowest bid is usually not the smartest way to go. You will know who to use after you talk to a few contractors.
    I agree with Evolutionizer! You will probably pay more for a Carrier than Tempstar or Bryant. All three brands are basically the same, the Corporation that owns Carrier and Bryant also owns ICP which makes Tempstar and Kenmore. If you buy a Kenmore, you will probably get a Tempstar, Heil, and or Comfortmaker. Tempstar units are also Carrier gray in color. I have been installing Tempstar for about ten years now and I have had good luck with equipment. I also recommend staying away from low bidder

It's all the same stuff. Same manufacturer somewhere along the lines. All parts are easily obtained if there is a local presence where you are at.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    If you want the best in comfort take a look at Carrier/Bryant top of the line,Tempstar doesn't have it ,nor does any other brand.

Use the search function on this site to see what other homeowners think of theirs!!

Carrier Infinity !!!!!!!!!!!
    Aint Notin Sweeter, Then A Brand New Heater!!!!!!!!!!

Smile

I just had a Carrier Infinity MVC NG furnace installed about 2 weeks ago and love this furnace, I also got the Infinity controller as well since my HVAC guy said he would not install this furnace without this controller which I really didn't mind as I would have needed a new stat anyways. I am sure the guys ehre who install Carrier will agree with me that they are one of the best units availible, the model I have is a 3 stage unit Carrier's newest line 2 notch up from the Infinity 96. Anyway with the Infinity control it gives you just that control of the fan speed, zones if you happen to have them, tells you when there is a problem with your unit at the stat, lets you know when the filter needs to be cleaned, and so on...... I opted for the newer model although the 96 would have been ok but with rising feul price's I went top of the line and my pay back will be approximately 3yrs to recoup my initial out of pocket cost compared to what I replaced Tempstar 90% 20yr old furnace. So weather you buy a Carrier or a sister brand I think you can't go wrong and based on what your replacing you will be money ahead years down the road.