Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    after talking to customer service, they said"why didnt it go out before" I told them we did not use the system as much as we do now that we need it all the time, it turned on when we were home and both working with no kids, it did not get a ot of use, only when we were home, so 10 hours of the day it was set low during winter and hiogher during summer, but either way, the service tech cannot get to the a coil and it is clogged. Now they are sending out a installation supervisor. we will see.

I seriously doubt the company is going to pay for a brand new system after 6 years. I also think they would loose their shirt if this went to trial. This isn't the same as them overcharging it as this would be so easy to prove negligance and they will know that. That said, I would consider having them reinstall the system AND let you have a 2nd tech of your choice to evaluate the HX, compressor, charge, etc. If there is a problem they replace it no charge. I would then ask for a 10 year parts and labor extention as of the reinstall, on parts not replaced. If they refuse this then I would go to court for the cost of a new install from another company. This is not in their interest and there is a good chance they would loose.

Two supervisors came out and just shook thier heads, they said they are going to completly renstall the unit coorectlyand if any rust or damage has been done internally will replace it. As the service recipt reads " will inform customer service as to installation and they will have to correct." I will take all info here, and once again thanks to all of you and will post pics of the new install. i will also want to take a closse look at the unit once it is removed, to see if any rust is on the hx.

original coil?

This may be a little late, but I saw no where in the thread that it is mentioned whether the original furnace which was replaced some six years ago was as well a downflow. As f'd up as the install was, I'm having a hard time seeing why they'd go out of their way to hang a 'new' coil high in a tight closet (The lineset looks new, but the coil doesn't). Dumb as this might seem, I'd be inclined to look closer at the duct before 4S attempts a half-assed repair.

Thumbs up

Well after some doing, the company coming out and replacing the limit switch,and the unit completly shutting down, they are coming out to replace it with a new lennox furnace, new A coil and completly redoing all the sheet metal work. will post a pic when they are done. They are including 5 years parts and labor with the new unit, but the original warranty stays with the outside AC unit.

Congrats.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Smile Job done

here was the old A coil which was installed improperly

and the finished job.

This guy was very professional and installed this unit very nicely in the space provided, it took him and his helper over 8 hours to complete. check on page 3 for before pictures. Thanks everyone for your help.

Congratulations! Is there room on top for the filter to be changed? Does an evap. that dirty hurt the compressor after so many years of service?

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    Congratulations! Is there room on top for the filter to be changed? Does an evap. that dirty hurt the compressor after so many years of service?
    I still have until 2014 on the evaporator outside, it really should not have affected it as I did not use it that often. the filter is 16x25 slides in on about a 45 degree angle above the exhaust very easily.

That looks much better. Congrats.

Is it a matching coil for the outdoor unit?

Good to hear
    Thanks for posting a update.
    seems the co. had a bad installer day and it slipped through the cracks.

The coils hardly dirty.

You heating bill should drop alittle.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast