Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Problem with an extended warranty is that (if it is like the ones I have serviced) it has a clause that says "repairs not covered if due to improper installation". I had one the other day that was a heat pump with an extended warranty that the original installer was no longer affiliated with. The power wire from the disconnect was to long and rub against the inside of the condenser. After several years of operation the insulation on the wire wore out causing a short that burnt the wire completely in two. Customer had to pay for the repair.

the simpsons..

..anyone remember the one where Homer finds out he's stupid because he shoved crayons up his nose as a kid?

anywho.. as he's re-shoving the crayon back up there to return to normal (stupid) he says "extended warranty how can i lose!"

how many crayons are up your nose???
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Quote Originally Posted by stubbbone View Post
    thats what I figured. I will try to get in contact once again with the company, Four Season's Heating and Cooling, in Chicago. Since this unit has been installed, the circuit boardf has gone out and the gas valve has gone bad (which the service guy did not charge me for and said it was from moisture damage from my flue, which the last unit was 35 years old without any rust on it) totalling some 500 dollars in repair bills. Wow seems I got taken to the cleaners by going with a big company.
    You got taken by a company that builds market share based on price. They can't deliver quality at the prices they advertise.

Best of luck and I hope they do the right thing and fix it at no cost to you.

Hopefully they pull a vacuum on your ac system and recharge it properly. Make sure they use a vacuum pump and a micron gauge. They should flow nitrogen if they braze the piping.

As a homeowner you have no obligation to know the technical aspects of correst installation... but, unfortunately, this is no longer the case.

should be configured somewhat like this.

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/attachm...8&d=1204781771
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    should be configured somewhat like this.

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/attachm...8&d=1204781771
    THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT RIGHT THERE.

post some pics of this disaster.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    ..anyone remember the one where Homer finds out he's stupid because he shoved crayons up his nose as a kid?

anywho.. as he's re-shoving the crayon back up there to return to normal (stupid) he says "extended warranty how can i lose!"

how many crayons are up your nose???
    funny episode he became a genious but was not happy, seen it a few weeks ago... the warranty was thru them not trane, actually says servicemaster. They should be here shortly we will see. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stubbbone View Post
    the warranty was thru them not trane, actually says servicemaster. They should be here shortly we will see. thanks
    Most extended warranties are through 3rd parties (servicemaster is a 3rd party). If your warranty states "does not cover repairs due to improper installation" then even though your contractor sold you the warranty Servicemaster itself would not be liable. However you may have legal recourse with your contractor.

If all you paid was $4XXX.XX for a complete system, that was CHEAP!

Were they the low bid? I think that was asked earlier.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT RIGHT THERE.

post some pics of this disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    If all you paid was $4XXX.XX for a complete system, that was CHEAP!

Were they the low bid? I think that was asked earlier.
    they were not the lowest but not the highest, my house is only 1300 square ft. so not a large unit, thier bid was the middle of the road out of 4. Even if it were cheap, if it is not done right it seems to be very costly.

oh my!! that gets wall of shame status for sure!!

You said they installed new A/C with the new furnace, but from the looks of that the a-coil is not new. I hope you can get somewhere with them.

Is that coil pan plastic or metal?
    You can't fix stupid

I am definitly not an expert, but do understand most about technical things, but I do not know the diff. the two. but this is definitly a hack job.

wow

you've been butchered.

i'm willing to bet the flex was done by the same people who did the furnace. did any of them speak any english?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast