Bad installation question - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    What was Twilli thinkin?
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

impossible without ripping the current duct work out.

I believe you are beginning to understand your problem and the dilemma it would be for any tech to come and clean your coil. The "monkeys" that installed it should stick to swinging in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by stubbbone View Post
    I paid $4XXX.XX

thats not very funny

Four Seasons blows

sorry...... they are a horrible company. i have heard a lot of bad stories about them. what kind azzhole puts the filter under the evaporator coil????
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Unit was installed 6 years ago and now the light bulb goes off. Why havent you complained about this a long time ago. I believe that is a tubuler HX and most likely was not damaged by the coil being on top. Most makers put the coil before the HX in thier pacjage units and no problems. Well almost anyway..

because there is no filter before the coil and 6 years of crap have been sucked into the coil i would recomend you insist on a new one. Cleaning in might work but in this case i ave my douts.

also if trane is brought in and hinds the coil was before the HX they most likley will void the warrenty of the HX. This isnt you fault but you are the one to feel the pain.

I also sujest you rethink about having the same company do the repair because if they didnt do it right the first time why in the world would anyone think they will the second time. This is not a tiny boo boo this is a major blunder only an untrained idiot would make.

how do you know the next crew is trained or idiots????????

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    sorry...... they are a horrible company. i have heard a lot of bad stories about them. what kind azzhole puts the filter under the evaporator coil????
    I have a lot of air filters under the evap coil.
    Thats where they belong on upflow systems.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I have a lot of air filters under the evap coil.
    Thats where they belong on upflow systems.
    this is a downflow the illistration is there in original post thanks tho from my understanding in a upflow it would be below it. Basically my air conditioning coil became the filter for the whole furnace, also I am no expert, and did not have any problems with the heating part before this winter, and when they 4season's) came out they said it did not matter.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Really hard to imagine what they are thining,saying it doesn't matter.

Neeeds to cleaned and corrected ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Really hard to imagine what they are thinking,saying it doesn't matter.

Needs to cleaned and corrected ASAP.
    tech will be here between 11am and 3pm so we will see what happens at that time, but I will be taking pictures if he starts to disassemble the unit, for my own info and possible litigation (small claims) I may need.
    I may have to hire my buddy to testify if it comes to that, a few hundred bucks for a 4XXX.XX dollar suit, not to mention how much extra I have spent heating and cooling my house because if this. Thank you ALL!!!!

from my understanding in a upflow it would be below it.
    In a gas furnace the A/C coil should be on the supply(air out) side of furnace. Downflow=bottom upflow=top. The filter should be in the return before furnace.

Basically my air conditioning coil became the filter for the whole furnace, also I am no expert, and did not have any problems with the heating part before this winter, and when they 4season's) came out they said it did not matter.
    You are correct. The coil is the filter in your system. And yes it does matter as you can tell by the replies and your current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    Unit was installed 6 years ago and now the light bulb goes off. Why havent you complained about this a long time ago. I believe that is a tubuler HX and most likely was not damaged by the coil being on top. Most makers put the coil before the HX in thier pacjage units and no problems. Well almost anyway..

because there is no filter before the coil and 6 years of crap have been sucked into the coil i would recomend you insist on a new one. Cleaning in might work but in this case i ave my douts.

also if trane is brought in and hinds the coil was before the HX they most likley will void the warrenty of the HX. This isnt you fault but you are the one to feel the pain.

I also sujest you rethink about having the same company do the repair because if they didnt do it right the first time why in the world would anyone think they will the second time. This is not a tiny boo boo this is a major blunder only an untrained idiot would make.

wouldn't be a tube style, depending on temp rise they will crack just like the rest of em, Trane would not be required to stand behind the HX due to improper install, but your installing contractor should regardless. that is a messed up situation that most likely occurred from improperly trained installers and a boss that has no idea it was done that way. I would definitely pursue total reconfiguration of that mess. I hate the lawyer route but if it can't be resolved civilly then you will have no choice
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post

I certainly would prefer a different company to reinstall, but as with any type of litigation of this type, you have to give them a chance to fix the problem, if they do not then I will have the problem fixed by another company, and drag thier sorry butts into court and have them flip the bill. I have an extended warantee from them good until 2014.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast