Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    and seal the AH unit up really good tape all joimts and seems and silicone around teh lineset where it terminates atthe AH. and especially seal around high voltage wire where it goes through the cabinet. leaks through the AH will cause condensation on the AH
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    and seal the AH unit up really good tape all joimts and seems and silicone around teh lineset where it terminates atthe AH. and especially seal around high voltage wire where it goes through the cabinet. leaks through the AH will cause condensation on the AH

I agree seall it up. Make sure the return is sealed also. If it is insulated doesnt mean it is seal and not leaking.

make sure the duct work is sized correctly supply and return. Trap is very important and airflo is also. If your v-drive isnt set up for the size unit you can have this problem.

would be a shame to go the expense of replacing the unit just to have the same problem with a new differant brand.

find the cause and fix the problem then if you want change the unit ok

Sounds like your 3 companies did not find the problem before offering a fix. I would look at the airflow situation before any new investment. I don't think your problem is a Carrier problem. as for making a choice between the 3 brands I wouls not be intrested in a top of the line systemstill usine r22. n I also would question a contractor offering these units without discussing the refrigerant issue

Question a top of the line R22 system with a 10 year compressor warranty.
    Why question it.
    He can get 10 year parts and labor warranty on it.

Virgin R12 is still available.

So why worry about R22, which will still be made for another 7 to 12 years.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by rponson View Post
    Sounds like your 3 companies did not find the problem before offering a fix. I would look at the airflow situation before any new investment. I don't think your problem is a Carrier problem. as for making a choice between the 3 brands I wouls not be intrested in a top of the line systemstill usine r22. n I also would question a contractor offering these units without discussing the refrigerant issue

Why R-22 is not going away for a long time. Ten years and good eff is what counts not refrigerant. Besides if installed properly then should not need any refrigerant added for the life of the unit. Providing there isnt a problem or leaks. This accures about 1 percent

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by rponson View Post
    I would think it was meant as ,give the customer the choice,which I agree with.Plus a preference for Puron/R410a,which I share.

Nothing wrong with using either refrigerant.
    Carrier still uses R22 in their 2 stage with the Bristol TS as you know.

And on that subject Dash. Have you heard if the TS is going to be made in a R410A version.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post

And on that subject Dash. Have you heard if the TS is going to be made in a R410A version.
    It is a Puron/R410a.

Wow, when did that change.
    Contractor locator map

The Carrier Rep was a Carrier Engineer. I had her business card. She was there with the A/c company that installed the system & she recommended changes which they did but is still sweated. I've just resolved to the problem. I did place a piece of insullation board to the bottow & that seems to eliminate 90 % of it. The bottom of the A/H is ok but a few inches up the exposed sides still sweats.

Thanks a lot to ALL of you that contributed to my situation. I really appreciatre your thoughts.

If thats's the Carrier rep. I'm thinking it was,they likely didn't follow all the suggestions.

There is no design flaw.

Ask your contractor to test the duct static before they quote/install a new system,regardless of your brand choice.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post

Not true. Carrier 2 spd is Puron only

Since when has the Carrier Bristol 2-speed been R-410A, my literature shows the Bristol as R-22 and the Copeland using R-410A.
    Last edited by classical; 03-16-2008 at 12:00 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast