Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confused Somebody please explain this to me

I have been reading here and else where how a so called "Technician" has one set of gauges, one clamp on and maybe one multimeter. God forbid that he or she has a micron guage or megohmeter. Yet they complain that they are not making money. Also training classes, the last Manitowac class I attended had more ole-timers then you could shake a stick at.
    Last edited by icehouse; 03-07-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Quote Originally Posted by icehouse View Post
    I have been reading here and else where how a so called "Technician" has one set of gauges, one clamp on and maybe one multimeter. God forbid that he or she has a micron guage or megohmeter. Yet they complain that they are not making money. Also training classes, the last Manitowac class I attended had more ole-timers then you could shake a stick at.
    And your point

One of my fellow techs actually said I was crazy for spending the amount of money I spend on tools. Well I make a lot more than he does.

you have to have patience of an ole-timer to work on ice machines!! really. i have no patience for that crap. maybe they are just tune-up techs working with that limited amount of tools

bet those ole timers can whip your ass in fixing a ise machine though i've been schooled by an old timer, still haven't forgot the lesson he taught me and that was 5 years ago!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by krriffle View Post
    One of my fellow techs actually said I was crazy for spending the amount of money I spend on tools. Well I make a lot more than he does.
    a tech is only as good as the tools he has whether they be books or piles of iron or 20 meters
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    you have to have patience of an ole-timer to work on ice machines!! really. i have no patience for that crap. maybe they are just tune-up techs working with that limited amount of tools

bet those ole timers can whip your ass in fixing a ise machine though i've been schooled by an old timer, still haven't forgot the lesson he taught me and that was 5 years ago!!
    beachtech, What do you consider an old timer? I am just curious.

Let 'em go, I say.........................

The more stuff they F-up, the better we look when we fix it in no time flat.

Quote Originally Posted by dngtig View Post
    beachtech, What do you consider an old timer? I am just curious.
    he walked into that one
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

i must of been born an old timer.............

i always liked working on ice machines, especially the ones the other companies could not fix..

went to my first factory ice machine school when i was a freshman in high school......

Frigidaire ice machines at the General Motors training center.....1974

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post

the General Motors training center.....1974
    On Rt 38 in Moorestown??

I used to take care of the RTU's there............small world.

Quote Originally Posted by bustawrench1 View Post
    On Rt 38 in Moorestown??

I used to take care of the RTU's there............small world.

thats the one, i worked on the kitchen equipment and ice maker until GM shut it down.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    i must of been born an old timer.............

i always liked working on ice machines, especially the ones the other companies could not fix..

went to my first factory ice machine school when i was a freshman in high school......

Frigidaire ice machines at the General Motors training center.....1974
    Same here, also took my Automotive A/C training there. Definately a small world.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

I could not imagine trying to work on supermarket racks without at least 3 set's of guages that's what I carry plus another 4 single high side and 3 low side gauge's and no less than three meters and electronic temp meters. You cannot fix it till you have the complete picture of what's going on with the system. It's cheaper to buy tool's and fix it right the first time than to guess at it many tines and lose a CUSTOMER.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast