Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pipe Viper PVC Bender

Anyone have any experience with this bender?

Thumbs up, down, or otherwise?

http://www.thepipeviper.com/index.html
    Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance that he himself has spun.

I'm getting one of those. But someone get one first and let me know if it really works.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

3/4" version for $37? How could you go wrong? Order three and send one to me
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    -Albert Einstein

They had one at one of our supply house BBQ's...

Pretty nifty gadget! They said the one thing you have to watch out for is to not try bending PVC when it's cold (like below freezing), seems kinda obvious.

If I ran PVC anymore, I'd probably get one too
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Thanks Amick.
    Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance that he himself has spun.

Haven't used one yet, but we used to make slight bends of 30 deg. or less on stuff up to about 2 1/2 inch using a heat gun and filling the pipe with sand first so it would not buckle. This was on drain and vent only.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Does anyone no how often the pvc shatters? I wonder if heating up the bend
    area first with a heat gun would make bending easier and less hazardous? Looks
    like it could have a lot of good applications if it works well.
    Whoa Maynard - that's not how it works.

Hundred years ago when I did underground service installs I heated and bent PVC by heating it with my truck exaust. NOT the best way to go but it worked till I could buy an electric bender.

Why is that dude looking around suspiciously before the bend and lighting changes.
    And why is there a jitter in the video at 42 seconds right before he bends the pipe
    Video cuts before he gets the thing out of the pipe and when they cut back in amazingly there is two bends in the pipe.

Looks like a bad Bewitched episode

You can buy a lot of 3/4" 90°'s for $37 and probably get the job done faster without this thing.

I bet the thing probably bends 1 good bend out of 5 tries if you get good at it. The pipe viper could be full of snake oil
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

well said Itsiceman, I noticed that camera stutter at the 42 second mark. something seems fishy

Would work good for small degree offset to get around other pipes or stuff, but I can't see you using it much for 90. what happens when you want that bend right out at the end? Now if I can use it to make drain traps....
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

If this thing really works wouldn't it make more sense to bend it around something the size of a coffee can for a long radius in place of using a knee? And, if you make the bend far away into the pipe can you really get the insert out at all or easy if it's way down the pipe?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

If it was easy they probably would have showed the whole video
    You might start using less 90° with this thing but, your going to start using more couplers
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast