Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    By your stated standards, every unit out there is the same.

However; by what the questions asked imply, no they are not the same at all.....not even the color of cabinet configuration are the same. Even the tops are completely different. So I guess by your standard they are exactly the same only completely different

Why do people argue with me?

By what can be read on here. Most units are the same. Just the quality of install, if I've read any of the posts right. Obviously a 2 stage is better than a single stage. And a 90% is better than an 80% furnace. But apples to apples, they are the same to a degree, most utilize the same parts and are interchangeable to a point. And oh yeah, it is fun to argue. At least you can fight back with some intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    By what can be read on here. Most units are the same. Just the quality of install, if I've read any of the posts right. Obviously a 2 stage is better than a single stage. And a 90% is better than an 80% furnace. But apples to apples, they are the same to a degree, most utilize the same parts and are interchangeable to a point. And oh yeah, it is fun to argue. At least you can fight back with some intelligence.
    They don't really market themselves as the same.

"Goodman® is one of the leading HVAC brands in North America and caters to the large segment of the market that is price sensitive and desires reliable and low-cost climate comfort, while the company’s premium Amana® brand includes enhanced features such as higher efficiency and quieter operation."

By what can be read on here. Most units are the same. Just the quality of install, if I've read any of the posts right. Obviously a 2 stage is better than a single stage. And a 90% is better than an 80% furnace. But apples to apples, they are the same to a degree, most utilize the same parts and are interchangeable to a point.

this best says it all
    witch brand is better flip a coin

witch contractor is better do your homework or get what you get

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    It's so much fun
    This is true. I do sometimes even disagree with myself for the same results. Sometimes it gets out of hand though and I get a little fight club thing going
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Sorry, I can't disagree with you now

You are correct that overall it is all pretty much the same stuff, but we can do slight features and benefits comparisons to differentiate what we expect to receive more money for.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    this best says it all
    witch brand is better flip a coin

witch contractor is better do your homework or get what you get
    Still, every brand has comparable stripped down systems and systems with more features and benefits.

Still, every brand has comparable stripped down systems and systems with more features and benefits.

you are correct but stripped or all the bells and whistles it is still hard pressed to say witch is better or worst once you open them up

you are correct but stripped or all the bells and whistles it is still hard pressed to say witch is better or worst once you open them up
    For we who need to work on them, sometimes the stripped down systems are preferred

For we who need to work on them, sometimes the stripped down systems are preferred
    I agree, if I've got a busy day going with not much end in site. I like base models. The last thing I want to see is that old Lennox 2 speed sitting in front of me, the one that has more relays than a telephone switching station.

I agree, if I've got a busy day going with not much end in site. I like base models. The last thing I want to see is that old Lennox 2 speed sitting in front of me, the one that has more relays than a telephone switching station.

Awww come on this is one of those times you kick the side of the unit and it works hopefuly till you can get out of the driveway

Awww come on this is one of those times you kick the side of the unit and it works hopefuly till you can get out of the driveway
    Nope, cause then I just have to go back and face it another day. The good thing about it is that if you need any parts, you have about a 50/50 chance you'll be ordering something for that monster. The thing about those units is that they don't die very easily.

Nope, cause then I just have to go back and face it another day. The good thing about it is that if you need any parts, you have about a 50/50 chance you'll be ordering something for that monster. The thing about those units is that they don't die very easily.
    This is true they just dont seem to die. I have a few of those retangular ones arround and the good thing about them is you can usualy get low or high speed going till the parts come in.

First one i ever saw kick my but for 4 hours and it was just the time delay.
    talk about over thinking witch is easly done with them things.

I also like it when you came accross one of those old trane varitable speed compressors from the eighties wohoooooo time killers

That rack is not designed for use of other then permanent filters. The accessory filter that is made to also replace the filter section panel is actually a pretty nice way to go once the filter area has been opened up properly.
    I know that Goodman has their own filter for my ARUF air handler but I haven't seen it. How does this "filter section panel" differ from a typical 1" pleated filter? How does it fit better in the rack?

Thanx.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast