Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    the light blink for the cfm that it is pushing, not for what it is set at, that is why I said to wait the 9 ins in cooling with the stat set as low as possible, if you have it in the enhanced mode it will follow the preset cfm ramp and flash accordingly. I cannot tell you how many I have done that this was the only problem, countless...some techs have replaced txv's and coils and control boards, Never a compressor and that is waht is leaning me towards it on this one, the tech missdiagnosed a compressor open on ip...

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Mis-wired

wrong air flow application = wrong charge
    It looks like:

Furnace YLO = yellow wire & Control Panel Y = yellow wire -CORRECT
    Furnace Y = orange wire & Control Panel Y2 = orange wire -CORRECT

Am I seeing this correctly as it appears it is wired correctly.

Let me know if I'm not looking at this correctly.

Thanks,

K

what are you calling a control pane? the wire form y1 on stat should go to ylow in furnas and should go to yellow in the condensor... y2 should go from y2 in the stat to y in the furnas to yellow with red stripe in condensor...

Also on the touch screen do you have the installer set up directions?

some techs will missdiagnose an airflow problem with refrigerant problem and vise verse... they will adjust the charge so the pressure are in a more acceptable range, if they were to check super heat and sub cooling they would not do this... but in the heating mode this is tough to do... if you had to much air flow across the indoor coil, it would drop the head pressure, a tech may add refrigerant. if you did not have enough air it would raise the head pressure and the tech might remove refrigerant... check the wiring in the condensor if you feel comfortable doing so

Quote Originally Posted by bell3156 View Post
    Also on the touch screen do you have the installer set up directions?
    I do have the installer set up directions and all seems programmed correctly with the IAQ. I will check the wiring at the HP/Condensor tomorrow but I'm 99% positive it is wired correctly. All dip switches are in the correct position as well.

Update - After the removal of another 2lbs. 7 oz of refrigerant the Heat Pump works!!!!!

This makes a grand total of 3lbs. 6.5 oz of R22 that was removed and everything is working normally EXCEPT the "water running" sound in the internal unit line-set. This sound still bugs me and to me is considered NOT normal for a top of the line unit - it really is noticeable and is more apparent when the Heat Pump on but less noticeable when the AC is on. This must be due to the increase of pressure when the HP is operational vs the AC.

Can anybody take a stab at what would be causing this sound in the internal line-set of the unit??

Everyone has been huge help and I welcome all comments and ideas.

Thanks again ,

K

if the trane rep has shown up, then he would have gone through this already, if he has not, you should take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bell3156 View Post
    if the trane rep has shown up, then he would have gone through this already, if he has not, you should take a look at it.
    The rep did show up - however, the 2nd stage was in lock down mode due to overheating and was not able to hear the noise from the line-set as he had to leave before it had a chance to cool down. It will be next week at the earliest if I will be able to get him back out to hear the noise from the internal line-set.

Thanks,

K

Did they lock out that compressor so it doesn't keep destroying itself?
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

Quote Originally Posted by kablammo View Post
    The rep did show up - however, the 2nd stage was in lock down mode due to overheating and was not able to hear the noise from the line-set as he had to leave before it had a chance to cool down. It will be next week at the earliest if I will be able to get him back out to hear the noise from the internal line-set.

Thanks,

K
    He has heard the noise before I'm sure.If its noisy from vibration or not being installed right the trane rep. does'nt have anything to do with that.Or maybey he does .I dont know.

How are they determining how much refrigerant ot remove.
    The first time must have been a guess. Or they wouldn't have had to remove any the second time.
    Is the company sending out their lead tech/service manager, or just who ever is available.

Although I've had a factory rep that had anothe appointment ot get to. I don't recall one ever leaving before they either knew for sure the equipment was going to work right, or they set up for a second appointment.

Did this rep, introduce hiimself as so and so from Trane. Or as so and so from xyz Trane distributor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

noise

Quote Originally Posted by kablammo View Post
    I do have the installer set up directions and all seems programmed correctly with the IAQ. I will check the wiring at the HP/Condensor tomorrow but I'm 99% positive it is wired correctly. All dip switches are in the correct position as well.

Update - After the removal of another 2lbs. 7 oz of refrigerant the Heat Pump works!!!!!

This makes a grand total of 3lbs. 6.5 oz of R22 that was removed and everything is working normally EXCEPT the "water running" sound in the internal unit line-set. This sound still bugs me and to me is considered NOT normal for a top of the line unit - it really is noticeable and is more apparent when the Heat Pump on but less noticeable when the AC is on. This must be due to the increase of pressure when the HP is operational vs the AC.

Can anybody take a stab at what would be causing this sound in the internal line-set of the unit??

Everyone has been huge help and I welcome all comments and ideas.

Thanks again ,

K
    I been having trouble with the noise since they went to the plastic bottom ! You could try putting thicker rubber pads under it ! Good luck
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

noise in lineset

I don't rember the specifics but we had this problem and the tech rep from the Trane distributor sent a kit with some magnets that we had to install on a check valve to stop the noise. He knew right away what the problem was and sent the part (Which had a Trane part #) it also had instructions. sounded cheesey for an expensive unit but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by rponson View Post
    I don't rember the specifics but we had this problem and the tech rep from the Trane distributor sent a kit with some magnets that we had to install on a check valve to stop the noise. He knew right away what the problem was and sent the part (Which had a Trane part #) it also had instructions. sounded cheesey for an expensive unit but it worked.
    Any idea what the part number is???

I'll ask the Trane Rep if he's heard of this fix and if he hasn't I'll ask him to ask higher up the food chain.

The line-set noise is not a mechanical vibration but the sound of fluid/gas going through the pipes. Very similar to water running if you were drawing a bath and could here the water running in the lines.

Thanks!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast