Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

trane

its hard to stop a trane........................lol

I sell all system with a 10-year no lemon warranty if the compressor or heat exchanger fails in that time period the get a new unit.

As a contractor or a homeowner I would never accept a compressor failure in such ashort time frame and accept a component replacement. You deserve a new unit period end of story.

I agree with others contact Tyler and explain the situation and your desires. You should also talk to HD as I strongly suspect they will not be happy with a the treatment you have received.

2 weeks without ac or heat is bs that compressor should have been on overnight express i think the contractor is not up to par or it would already have been repaired. it is very rare for a compressor to fail that soon

2 weeks is way off balance!! your dealer is pulling your leg, right? beside Trane has a warranty for this short period of time for the contractor to use to get you back up in no time!! the should be a local DSO that can help get the ball rolling faster

the inspector can do the final on the equipment regardless of the compressor. all he is checking is the installation, not the opertaion

sounds to me like the unit is overcharged, but thats just speculation. i find most 19i's that we install don't need any refrigerant all the way up to 35ft. lineset's.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Update

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post

sounds to me like the unit is overcharged, but thats just speculation. i find most 19i's that we install don't need any refrigerant all the way up to 35ft. lineset's.
    BINGO!!!!!!

Today the tech arrives to install the new compressor but before hand wants to make sure it is really bad. After 2 hours he tells me that the unit was overcharged with refrigerant and that is the reason why it is not working properly. It wasn’t a bad compressor after all but it took them 30 days to realize this!! Correct 30 days!!!

I have since completed my install survey from the HD and will see where that leads . . .

Thanks again for all the responses.

K

We have given WHOLE units years after install on Carrier and Trane,they buy us not the brand.If we took Carrier out to the house and they said NO ,we would put in a Trane and drop Carrier. Most of the time we extend the warranty,but with something so new ,we would get you a new one No Charge!!But we are Trane Comfort Experts and a Carrier Distingushed Dealer and did install at Carrier dealer trainning site to show other dealers what it should look like and work like.When the Infinity came out one of the local guys that had never installed one sent his customer to the Philly location to see and hear one,after they guy saw all of our stickers on it. He said "I want the teacher not the student to do my job".
    Last edited by heatpumpguru; 03-15-2008 at 09:02 AM.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kablammo View Post
    BINGO!!!!!!

Today the tech arrives to install the new compressor but before hand wants to make sure it is really bad. After 2 hours he tells me that the unit was overcharged with refrigerant and that is the reason why it is not working properly. It wasn’t a bad compressor after all but it took them 30 days to realize this!! Correct 30 days!!!

I have since completed my install survey from the HD and will see where that leads . . .

Thanks again for all the responses.

K

I would have a face to face sit down meeting with the owner of the AC company and ask ..WTF?

Another Update - went south again

Unit worked for 1.5 days and now the 2nd compressor is not working again Prior to it's latest downfall the unit made various whistling sounds( 45-55 seconds) when the 2nd compressor fired up followed with bad vibration/harmonics with-in the line-set that could be heard inside the house. Outside, the unit and line-set also sounded like a water faucet that was turned on and then finally let off a sound like a Semi truck with a flat tire for several minutes. I'm not sure if these sounds are normal operating sounds but they sure did not sound like a unit that was functioning properly.

I finally called Home Depot and they are going to try to arrange a Trane Regional Rep to come out and inspect the unit. Now at least they understand what is happening. If anyone has any more suggestions or input please post.

Thanks in advance,

K

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    I'll bet this guy wanted a 19i, but went with the low bid.
    Gunny:

Aren't all Trane dealers certified and licensed by Trane?

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    Gunny:

Aren't all Trane dealers certified and licensed by Trane?
    No.

All it takes to be a dealer of any brand is having good credit and paying the fees to be their dealer.

You do have to be smarter than the average bear to install a 19i. They are quite a bit more complex than other systems.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

From your description it sounds as if the internal pressure relief valve in the compressor went off. There are several reasons that this could happen, the most common is mis-application, and over charge.

What is the model # of the indoor and outdoor?

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    From your description it sounds as if the internal pressure relief valve in the compressor went off. There are several reasons that this could happen, the most common is mis-application, and over charge.

What is the model # of the indoor and outdoor?
    Here are the model numbers:
    XL19i HeatPump 3 ton: 2TWZ9036B1000B
    XV80 Furace: TUD100R9V5K
    Coil: 2TXCC060BC3HCA

What negative affects happen when the internal pressure relief valve go off?

The line set harmonics and sound of "water running" really make this unit seem second rate.

Thanks again,

K

liquid line restriction possibly txv.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast