Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Specs .. Layman and others

Quote Originally Posted by jojogeorgina View Post
    Then you recommend the Carrier Performance 15.5 SEER, dual fuel? Is there somewhere a "layman" can view the specifications you are using? If the heating specs deteriorate so much with the Infinity 16, it would seem that Carrier is doing a disservice by selling it.

I dont deal with these issues daily as many of you do, so thanks for the advice.
    Marketing

http://www.residential.carrier.com/p....shtml#m25HPA5

Selection

Carrier PRODUCT DATA catalog is available as PDF but a little too large (1140 K) to attach to HVAC-TALK site (976 K).
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

110 BTU dual fuel

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Not with any furnace. Only with a VS fan coil. So for dual fual the Inifinity 16 won't work. Similar ratings to the Trane XL16i when matched with a furnace. 15-15.5 SEER and 12EER... and those were with a 120k BTU fuance. With a 100k BTU, the EER drops to 11.6... and even lower with a 80k BTU.e power vent is

I wanted to match it to a 80% 70k BTU furnace and the ratings dropped into the 14 SEER range. They don't match well with narrow furnaces.

The quote I received was checked by the Carrier rep to match the HNA6 and the furnace, and it sounds like the specs are poor with the 16. Is the 19 SEER also narrow, making the heating specs fall apart, or just the 16 SEER Infinity. This would go under the house where the power vent is currently located. Do you recommend 70-80% or a more efficient 95% furnace? My contractor apparently is not bothered by this, or more likely doesnt know.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Not sure what the issue is.

The 25HNA9 qualify for te tax credit,$1500.00,in the 2,3,and4 ton sizes,likely soon in the 5 ton.

Regarding the furnace,where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Not sure what the issue is.

The 25HNA9 qualify for te tax credit,$1500.00,in the 2,3,and4 ton sizes,likely soon in the 5 ton.

Regarding the furnace,where do you live?
    Live in Virginia and the 3 ton unit quoted was dual fuel natural gas. I am concerned now about the low efficiency in the Infinity furnace mode as described by motoguy128.

Hmm Incomplete profile by OP

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post

Selection

Carrier PRODUCT DATA catalog is available as PDF but a little too large (1140 K) to attach to HVAC-TALK site (976 K).
    No e-mail provided by OP.
    I can get back to you in 2 weeks ( see my profile).
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by jojogeorgina View Post
    Is there somewhere a "layman" can view the specifications you are using?
    www.AHRIdirectory.org

Need model numbers to use this data base.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    No e-mail provided by OP.
    I can get back to you in 2 weeks ( see my profile).
    I now have the info filled out. Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12