+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I need a new vacuum gauge.

Post Likes
    I recommend BluVac. Very accurate and they have awesome customer service if you should have any issues.

Post Likes
    FINE I ORDERED A THE DARN eVac II NOW SHUT UP!
    "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."
    -Sherlock Holmes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumbard View Post
    Love me some late Friday night post's : )!

Hope you like your "eVac" ; )

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumbard View Post
    What made you choose the YJ branded bluvac?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    What made you choose the YJ branded bluvac?
    Cheaper would be my guess, I found it cheaper than the BluVac when it was bundled with the coupling but I went ahead and ordered the bluvac off TTT.

Post Likes
    YJ was the best deal
    -Sherlock Holmes

7. Likes t and t liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    thermal engineering
    old school but i have had the same gauge for 18 years and i would take it over any digital.
    http://thermalengineeringcompany.com...ta%20Sheet.pdf
    This is the best micron gauge ever, we have two of them. I must be hard on micron gauges, my blue vac lasted a month, CPS the same, all broke......thermal engineering is bulletproof. Never inaccurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Likes kbr58 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Analog > Digital

Thermal Engineering makes the best vacuum gauge known to man.

\Thread
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    A video from TTT about the Thermal vacuum gauge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_OJwDvBnM
    Bill

Post Likes
    You cannot beat the customer service with BluVac.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    This is the best micron gauge ever, we have two of them. I must be hard on micron gauges, my blue vac lasted a month, CPS the same, all broke......thermal engineering is bulletproof. Never inaccurate.

We had 4 or 5 thermals at the last shop I worked at. Put them on the same vacuum and they all read wildly different. And 2 or 3 of them had recently been sent in for calibration. <worthless>

Analog thermal has very poor resolution and very slow response time. And they hardly work at all in cold weather.

One reason a lot of guys like them is because they always seem to show the vacuum level holding steady. The small leaks and offgassing never show up on them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    We had 4 or 5 thermals at the last shop I worked at. Put them on the same vacuum and they all read wildly different. And 2 or 3 of them had recently been sent in for calibration. <worthless>

Analog thermal has very poor resolution and very slow response time. And they hardly work at all in cold weather.

One reason a lot of guys like them is because they always seem to show the vacuum level holding steady. The small leaks and offgassing never show up on them.
    X2, my bluvac almost made me pull my hair out the first couple times I used it. I had to buy a whole new vac setup.

Post Likes

We had one in vocational school. I loved it for that reason. I could always pull a perfect vacuum with it.

In its defense, it was very old and had a very rough life being used in a school environment.

Post Likes
    Thermal was always the standard " back in the day" I know guys who still use them. I've almost purchased one twice. First time I had to go with the YJR 69070 due to funds. Then needing to upgrade again the bluvac was the new guy. After reading the reviews of people on here and other sites, who's opinions I respect and trust, I went with the bluevac. When the guy who designs it has the stones to show up and consistently support any and all issues he gets my vote. And yes, it'll make you wanna rip out your hair and throw out everything you've used to vac a system. At least now Iknow what I'm chasing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by greg58 View Post
    ...When the guy who designs it has the stones to show up and consistently support any and all issues he gets my vote...
    Thanks, Greg.

Social networking is a double-edged sword. Sometimes I feel like I'm airing my dirty laundry in public, but it's worth it. Getting up-to-the-minute feedback helps greatly to continue improving my products.

Post Likes
    DAAAAAAAAAMN SON! Need some ICEcold for that burn!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Thanks, Greg.

Social networking is a double-edged sword. Sometimes I feel like I'm airing my dirty laundry in public, but it's worth it. Getting up-to-the-minute feedback helps greatly to continue improving my products.
    -Sherlock Holmes

Post Likes
    I received my new vacuum gauge Monday but sadly have not gotten to play with my new toy. I have 4 systems that need opened for repair but they are medium priority and people at the stores won't stop breaking ****.
    -Sherlock Holmes

Post Likes

Hold up thar cowboy. We have two thermals and they always show when you have offgassing...ie....residual moisture in the oil that requires a 24 hour vacuum. The microns raise up to 2000-3000 under this condition, which my thermal has never failed. I am seriously abusive of tools, and I know the install crew has hit theirs with liquid refrigerant before and they still work perfect. Need to wait 10 minutes before determining vac is good.

Post Likes
    Not the case with my TE.
    It would read a false and steady low reading while watching oil degassing through the compressor sight glass. The BV I have picks it up. I cant find my TE. I think I gave it away otherwise I'd show you.
    That and the other reasons already brought up I stopped using it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    thermal engineering
    old school but i have had the same gauge for 18 years and i would take it over any digital.
    http://thermalengineeringcompany.com...ta%20Sheet.pdf
    Agreed on Thermal unit. Mine is 19 years old and still spot on accurate.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in