Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kegerator

Yes, light beer will freeze at about 30 degrees where regular beer freezes at about 28 degrees. What usually happens is the beer line will freeze, you can usually thaw the line and all will be fine. I have seen kegs freeze before though.

You can bleed off the excess pressure that builds up in the keg from handling by the pressure relief valve on the side of the tap. The foam comes from either too much pressure or slightly warm beer. I don't like warm beer and beer doesn't like to be warm either.

BTW, a 5 month old keg of Miller is a great laxative. The yeast will definitely loosen your stools.

Thumbs up

KEGERATOR!!!! yes....you'll love it once you get it all together...i had one that i had bought cheap from a buddy...he had made it tho...i ll see if i can get some info from him....but i love draft beer...an a good kegerator is o-so-convinient....

I agree with ya younggunn, few things in life are as refreshing as a big draft beer in a frozen mug!!!! Thats why I got rid of mine........I drank too much. It is easy to lose track of how many "Golden Beverages" one has when there isn't a pile of dead soldiers in the corner to keep track by.

A buddy of mine built a hugh gameroom on his house and wanted a kegerator. While hooking it up for him his wife asked why I didn't have one. I told her that I used to have one, but got rid of it because I drank too much. She rolled her eyes, said GREAT and walked out of the room. Now she leaves us alone on gameday !!!!

I had a chunk of ice in the beer line that was causing all my problems.
    The keg wasn't frozen afterall! The beer would come out the tap pure foam after pushing past the blockage.
    I worked the ice out and had some nice pours last night.
    After about 5 test runs in an hour, I was seeing double!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Well I filled the taper so I guess it’s time to open the bar for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Litchmo View Post
    Well I filled the taper so I guess it’s time to open the bar for the summer.
    i want a tiki bar in my backyard . how did you make that roof ?
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    i want a tiki bar in my backyard . how did you make that roof ?
    The roof is just rolled roofing. The grass is table skirts from the party store. But this year I am using cedar shingles instead of grass, costs about the same and will last much longer. I only get a season out of the grass. I’ll have to post a picture when I’m done.

Well I filled the taper on April 23rd here it is a only a week and a half later went for a beer last night nothing but spit WTF this is not a good sign it’s only MAY.

Week and a half !!!!!! You must have lots of friends or you drink a lot. Was that a 15 gallon keg? In ten days, 200 beers, 20 beers a day......when do you find time to work?

About 35 years ago I made a kegarator and had it out on the back patio.

One day my wife yelled at my son for doing something goofy. He got all mad and was crying. He wandered off and she went on to do chores. We had 2 others runing around the house as well.

A couple of minutes later she was counting noses. "Where is Richard??" "Richard, RICHARD ????" She is screaming all around the property. Finally she goes out on the patio and called him. She heard a small voice say, "I'm in here!"

She looked over and saw my homemade kegarator shaking. She open the door and the sweat was pouring off of him and he and she were scared silly.
    Some how he managed to squeeze himself into a 5" space between the keg and the evaporator. He got mad at her and was going to hide until Daddy got home.

Fortunately the gaskets were woooped on this old refrigerator with a latching handle.

This is a word of caution about old refrigerators. With the new gaskets death by suffication of kids has gone way down but they still can get in one then get scared and not realize how to get out. Best thing is if you have a refrigerator in storage, basement, etc. is to put a lock on it. EVEN If it is in USE. (like ours was.)

(I just realized that I posted about this back in March. But it bears repeating. I'll go take my GINKOBA now.)

Quote Originally Posted by logdoc_rob View Post
    The foam comes from either too much pressure or slightly warm beer. I don't like warm beer and beer doesn't like to be warm either.
    Speak foryourself freind!
    I'm sure this will get a strong reaction but...

I like my beer about room temperature - SLIGHTLY chilled. I like them dark, and full flavored, I refuse to call anything made by budweiser or coors beer. I refuse to go to outback steakhouse because they either serve the afore mentioned beer substitutes, or similar beers, nothing with real flavor, and they serve them ice cold!!! I will sit with an ice cold beer between my legs and rubbing it with my hands trying to warm it up to let the flavor loose.

My personal favorite beers ar Baltica Brewery's #6, Left Hand Brewery's Milk Stout (both EXCELLENT with Vanilla Ice cream - Beer Float style - Don't knock it till you try it!! - and don't try it with any other beer - NASTY!)
    Most Sam Adams beers - especially the winter lager and the Black lager.

I just keep my favorite beers on the shelf in the TV room. no need for a KEGERATOR.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Quote Originally Posted by logdoc_rob View Post
    Week and a half !!!!!! You must have lots of friends or you drink a lot. Was that a 15 gallon keg? In ten days, 200 beers, 20 beers a day......when do you find time to work?
    yes to both. I make all welcome to my house.

Keg Specifications for
    U.S. 1/2 Barrel (Standard Keg)
    12 oz. Case Equivalent = 6.8 Cases
    12 oz./can or bottle Servings= 165
    16 oz./pint servings= 124
    and spillage
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hey, we don't spill 'em around here !!!! Anheuser-Busch says 200 10oz glasses with a 1 inch head of foam. I worked for AB for 23 years and have thrown around several thousand kegs in my day at 170 pounds......but I am not a fan of head, on my beer, and the colder the better for me!!!!

American beers are pasteurized to kill the yeast left over from the brewing process. Pasteurized bottled beer has a shelf life of around 3-4 months. Draft beer is not pasteurized and the yeast is kept inactive by keeping it's temperature below 38 degrees F. The shelf life of draft beer depends upon the temperature it is stored. The higher the temp, the shorter it's shelf life. Usually around 45 days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast