Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    nah, never is

After removing the venting and verifying it was clear, I noticed a whistle behind the inducer, I think when Jerry replaced the transition last yr, he didn't use enough RTV, I redid the RTV seal and it quieted down, so we should be good to go now, 10 days and no callback

No water leaking out of the cold header so I'm sure that is not the cause, but never know I have seen them go without seeping water for a few yrs then let loose and we get water on the blower deck. If that happens they will get a new HX out of the 10 yr P&L.
    You can't fix stupid

Ok, I think the cold header issue was 4 years ago, also the modular on the blower went out at the same time.

Did you guys cover the 2nd call? I know mom was kinda upset that the first call didn't take care of the issue,

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Ok, I think the cold header issue was 4 years ago, also the modular on the blower went out at the same time.

Did you guys cover the 2nd call? I know mom was kinda upset that the first call didn't take care of the issue,
    absolutely! We would never charge for a callback of the same issue. (Only a doctor can get away with that )
    You can't fix stupid

Good.. I know she was grumbling about how in the last house, 24 years with the Williamson never had an issue, just a belt.. and the Trane put in '99 never had a call..

I told her, that's why I talked you guys into the 10 years p/l warranty, things are not made like they used to, then she kinda quiet down.

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Good.. I know she was grumbling about how in the last house, 24 years with the Williamson never had an issue, just a belt.. and the Trane put in '99 never had a call..

I told her, that's why I talked you guys into the 10 years p/l warranty, things are not made like they used to, then she kinda quiet down.
    She heard an echo then cause I said the same thing!
    You can't fix stupid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123