Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ouch I thought mine was hard to get to.
    My filter has the venting pvc piper just slightly in the way just enough to cause trouble getting the filter in and out. I have to bend the filter slightly to get it started.

It doesn't help that I also have some cabinets right near the furnace so they provide no help.

Me again.

It has been less than 2 years. When I bought the house in the summer, the owners said they just "had it serviced". So this past summer I noticed the problem when I changed the filter. I don't want to crawl back there again. One company said $XXXX, one company said $XXX. I'm waiting on a third. They said they would have to cut the 2 pipes and reroute and resolder, then flip the filter housing. The $ is in the coolant capture correct?

I too think the original company will tell me to pound sand. However, the owner of the company that installed is on the town's chamber of commerce and a BBB superstar. I can be loud enough to at least have him consider doing it at a reduced rate. I looked up the installer and everyone had good things to say. My one question to the owner is "Would you do this in your house?". I want him to be a man and take responsibility for his mistake, no matter if it was last year or 10 years ago. The quality of the work should have no time limit.

No pricing in posts
    Last edited by HeyBob; 03-04-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Removed pricing

Theres not enough slack there to get it out of the way without removing the refrigerant?

See they probably just looked at the filter, and saw which way the arrow was pointing, and assumed the only way it would go in was that way, makes perfect sense(/sarcasm)

didn't look at all the pics.they should fix that. even 2 yrs later
    Last edited by hvac46504; 03-03-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    You never have a pipe stretcher when you need one.

in this case maybe a lumber stretcher would work better!

Quote Originally Posted by yelram View Post
    Theres not enough slack there to get it out of the way without removing the refrigerant?

See they probably just looked at the filter, and saw which way the arrow was pointing, and assumed the only way it would go in was that way, makes perfect sense(/sarcasm)

atleast they had the right size compressor, seriously, i am just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by lougatzo View Post

Edit Pricing!

The pricing in your post is a no-no here (see site rules)
    You don't 'want' to crawl back there again but it is possible?
    Last edited by HeyBob; 03-04-2008 at 01:41 PM.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    in this case maybe a lumber stretcher would work better!
    Yea, or how about a skylight on the roof that opens.

I would ask them to fix that for free. If they stand behind there work they would. I would definitely because I take pride in my work and my reputation.

Thumbs down Not Cool !

Those pics qualify for the wall of shame,please post them when you can!
    It sucks man I Know, but now you know that there are hacks out there! Do your homework when hiring the guy who's gonna fix it. good luck
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

my guess is if you send those pics to the owner of that company he will stand behind the mistake, remember the bosses don't always know what the final product looks like and will not be impressed with that either.

Either that or sign a service contract to have it maintained every yr by them, that style filter could probably be changed spring and fall with no problem then you will not have to get to the filter yourself.

It should be serviced annually anyway, not sure if it is A/C only or heat also. Not sure where you live,but here the cooling season is less than half the yr so 1 filter is all that would be needed 90% of the time.
    You can't fix stupid

The condensate drain is a concern too.
    They just left the secondary drain outlet plugged. If the drain line clogs, the inside of the air handler will get flooded with water, which to say the least, is undesirable.
    The secondary drain outlet should be piped out to the emergency drain, or even better, a condensate safety device installed in it.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Looking at the picture I'm seeing possibly other things that would tell me you need to get a good professional out to take a look at the whole system. If the filter was installed this way my guess is some other details might have been done with the same thought process. Spend your money now to save your money and irritation later.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast