Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Update

Well I talked to the HO. He is an hvac engineer that now is doing controls.

He put the 2 units together and says that it is super efficient. I guess my caption was right on. It is a 2 ton HP mod. #E1FH024S06A. It has the original 2 ton compressor. Fan was replaced at least once. It is 1/4hp 1075 rpm.
    He's using it with a 5 ton coil and a 3ton txv with almost 0 superheat.
    He says the thing is very efficient probably getting 16-18 SEER. His house is a little over 1000 sq. ft.
    I didn't get anymore pics. But seeing that it was a HE York you can access the compressor and fan just by removing the side panel.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Thanks for the investigative work!! Always good to know the thinking behind the project.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post

He put the 2 units together and says that it is super efficient. I guess my caption was right on. It is a 2 ton HP mod. #E1FH024S06A. It has the original 2 ton compressor. Fan was replaced at least once. It is 1/4hp 1075 rpm.
    He says the thing is very efficient probably getting 16-18 SEER. His house is a little over 1000 sq. ft.
    I didn't get anymore pics. But seeing that it was a HE York you can access the compressor and fan just by removing the side panel.
    Almost 0 superheat????? If that is at the condensing unit I hope he at least has a suction line accumulator on it.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

I would like to see some more numbers on this thing, have him come on here and tell us all about it.

Might want to relocate the thread .... What about the lineset? And how about oil? Did he have to change the air handler blower? Hell I can recycle those old CU and resell them as "Efficiency Boosters"
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post

Thats what HE says... compressor in the bottom one works, condensor fan in the top one works is my theory.

I've thought of doing the same sort of thing before; seems like a lot of work though.
    If at first you don't succeed; charge, charge, charge again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    I would like to see some more numbers on this thing, have him come on here and tell us all about it.

Might want to relocate the thread .... What about the lineset? And how about oil? Did he have to change the air handler blower? Hell I can recycle those old CU and resell them as "Efficiency Boosters"
    He did say he used a 1 1/8 vapor line.

I don't think I want to tell him I took a pic of his HP and postd it on the internet. He may not like that. Then again I could ask him if I could and if he's cool with it, then i'll just wait a few days and say I did and would he come and ... You know what, NO. Some of you guy's can be a little harsh. I think some of you would bash him and claim it doesn't work when in fact it may just work. I'll save him the ridicule. Just thinking the worst case scenario.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

That's a York Cascade A/C system.

O_o rofl

So in theory this is a 2 Ton Condensor fitted with a equivalent of 5 ton fins on it ?

is that right ?
    So everybit of heat generated from compression cycles are removed.
    Is that the idea behind this ?

Thanks

Except in HP mode.

With that much added coil, wouldn't it need an OD fan control to maintain adequate head pressure? Seems to me he could lose efficiency if head pressure dropped too much.

With a 1/4 hp fan motor and now twice the surface area to move air over, I don't think his head press. will be too low.

That can't be hooked up. The top unit would have to have the bottom removed so air could blow through it. Then the compressor would fall out.
    Maybe it's like when I was a kid when our big console tv crapped out we just set the new tv on top of it.
    Just read the third page of threads I still don't know how it works. Get more pics.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast