+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: almost worse than crawlspaces

Post Likes

almost worse than crawlspaces

check out this nasty old mess. Hope I don't have to change the pumps on this pig, looks like fun to bleed the system.

You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    thats just lovely!! maybe i won't re-locate after all
    i really love the exposed electrical box barely hanging onto the side of the unit easy acess
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    yea damn aquastats, takes like 3 seconds to tighten them up so they hang straight!! It's straight now and the cover is on. But that old B&G is begging to be replaced and I don't want to until it warms up cause I want to install isolation valves on both pumps cause I think its gonna be a few hr job refilling and purging.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Wow.. that's a mess!

Where in LC is that at?

Post Likes
    It's in Bellechester, but hang out here for a few minutes I have a picture quiz for you.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    recognize this one shoot didn't stay flipped.
    Last edited by cmajerus; 03-05-2008 at 12:09 AM.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    recognize this one shoot didn't stay flipped.

Yeah, I know that one! What was wrong?? Not sure what you mean by "Shoot didn't stay flipped"?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Yeah, I know that one! What was wrong?? Not sure what you mean by "Shoot didn't stay flipped"?
    drain trap and inducer elbow were plugged up with bug guts. I tried to straighten it up and down, but it didn't take. I am trying to figure it out.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    drain trap and inducer elbow were plugged up with bug guts. I tried to straighten it up and down, but it didn't take. I am trying to figure it out.
    Trying to figure out how to prevent this from happing again or get it to work again?

Post Likes
    there thats better.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Trying to figure out how to prevent this from happing again or get it to work again?
    oh no just the pic Can't keep it from happening again, just gotta clean it every yr with a clean and tune, I'm sure your Dad can figure that out though. Too many bugs in MN
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    there thats better.
    ??

Post Likes
    oh no just the pic Can't keep it from happening again, just gotta clean it every yr with a clean and tune, I'm sure your Dad can figure that out though. Too many bugs in MN

Ahh.. Funny thing is, I cleaned mine up last fall, and I told myself I should buzz on over and flush theirs out... well, I never got around to get over there to do it..

I agree there is TONS of lady bugs out there. Guess I'll have to have mom make me supper when I come over next fall to do it.

Post Likes
    Oh, big question for you.. You may not know.. But why do you guys use the 6" round plastic diffuser, and not the 12 by 2 that will "Throw" the air towards the floor?

When they first moved into the house, the lower level was much colder, so I added a t-stat on the lower level, and closed of most of the damper for the upstairs to drive more heat down stairs. Helped some.. Then I put in the VP, that helped some more by giving the furnace a longer run time in 1st stage.

Post Likes
    those were the cat's ass for a while I guess, they look nice and were easy to install, we now use 4x10 rectangular boots with the fancy frames they button lock into, live and learn I guess. We wanted them to zone the basement at the time, but they didn't feel the cost difference was justified, Because there is no "sun heatload" in the basements the upstairs shuts off before the basement can satisfy, happens in 95% of the basements around here, doesn't seem to matter how overkill you go on heat runs it never changes without seperate trunklines and zone dampers. We've have tried everyway we know possible to change this but I feel there is only the one way(zoning) We have verified proper amount of cfm per room ect. and still the same results. Just look how frigid the basements get if you leave the registers open in the summer. Shows you that you definately have enough flow just not the neccesary run time. By installing the VP you accomplished what could have been done by possibly setting the T8400 to 1 instead of 3, but you definately made a great improvement by installing the VP. BTW the second Tstat is all over town on a crap load of old Lennox equip. 1st time I was looking all over for the zone panel! Best one was the furnace and A/C running at teh same time!
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    We wanted them to zone the basement at the time, but they didn't feel the cost difference was justified,
    Didn't know you guys offer that to them, I would of really twisted their arms for it! I told them they should do hot water heat with radiant heat, but mom said was way too expensive. I did talked them into doing the XV90, and with you guys.. J-Con use Haley, Dad didn't feel at ease with them since they are over in Plainview.

never changes without seperate trunklines and zone dampers. We've have tried everyway we know possible to change this but I feel there is only the one way(zoning) We
    Yeah, I told them I'd like to get the house down the road if anything happens with them, and I am planning on putting in Zone control in the house.

Just look how frigid the basements get if you leave the registers open in the summer.
    You are not kidding about that! I change the dampers for them when change in season.. Open upstairs up, and close the basement dampers in the summer, and other way around in the winter.

By installing the VP you accomplished what could have been done by possibly setting the T8400 to 1 instead of 3, but you definately made a great improvement by installing the VP.
    They Had a CT8600 put in at first, I was going to change it to 1, but knowing 2nd stage was on a timer, it wouldn't help out much. I had my XV90 put in by HiMEC along with the VP, I saw the huge comfort increase in my basement, so that's why put in the VP. So the basement went from a 58˚ area to a 62˚.

I am tempted to put in the IAQ and change the 2nd stat to remote sensor to avg out the temps, and also for humidity control. The ductwork gets pretty damn sweaty! I did bump up the blower speed last summer to help prevent the duct from dripping. Also take off the Remote sensor/controler on the wall for the LIFEBREATH system, but I am not sure if that can be done being that they got the timers in the bathrooms/laundry room.

Post Likes
    should be able to put a remote sensor in with the VP you got there, if you can get wires run or you could always relocate the main tstat downstairs, and install the sensor upstairs, depends if they change the temp much or not if it would be a hassle running downstairs to do that, mine I have on auto changeover, so I don't think I touch it for much more than turning off the service reminders.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Mom was in the store today, and I asked her about the T-stat down there and told her about the remote sensor, and wants me to go ahead and go for it.

No way I can fish a new wire, it above the bathroom down stairs. So I will do the IAQ since she rather have the main one left alone upstairs.

Do you know if I can tie the Lifebreath to the IAQ, and still use the remote timers?

Post Likes
    Mom was in the store today, and I asked her about the T-stat down there and told her about the remote sensor, and wants me to go ahead and go for it.

No way I can fish a new wire, it above the bathroom down stairs. So I will do the IAQ since she rather have the main one left alone upstairs.

Do you know if I can tie the Lifebreath to the IAQ, and still use the remote timers?
    yes, not sure what you do for hook up but can't be too hard. where ever you get the IAQ ask them how they should have a schematic, Gus, Goodin and First Supply I think all have Lifebreath.

BTW where do you work at?
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    I'll look up on line for the diagram for LifeBreath, otherwise as you said about Gus Larson.

I am at Home Depot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in