Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tranes adaptaview chiller display

Post Likes

Tranes adaptaview chiller display

They are now selling there version of the optiview,and have an example on there website for anyone interested

Post Likes

link

do you have the link to that page
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    He never hit the brakes and was shifting gears!! GB

Post Likes
    Seems nice, about time they came out of the stone ages.
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    I wonder if this means the CH530 system is on the way out or if this is just another display for it.
    He never hit the brakes and was shifting gears!! GB

Post Likes
    Adaptiview is an actual touch screen display.
    Whats cool also is the articulating arm to adjust to different levels and angles.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steward View Post
    I wonder if this means the CH530 system is on the way out or if this is just another display for it.
    the LLIDs are the same...but the software to connect to it is different.

good luck
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Pretty much a combo of Optiview & Microtech II panel. Looks pretty good.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Post Likes
    Adaptaview is the same control platform as the CH530 and 531. like jayguy says you need different software to connect to it . you will soon be able to retrofit an existing CH530 with the new adaptaview display and later in the year it will be available to retrofit any CH531 panels. all you will need to do is replace the display and reprogramme accordingly.

Post Likes
    Trying to keep up with York Optiview and Microtech II
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerhead View Post
    and it looks like Trane may have passed 'em.

good luck.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    its nice....really nice i need to get the new software for it.....cannot wait to mess with....we are going to start up 6 new ones pretty soon at a local job
    Last edited by cooolguy; 03-04-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Post Likes
    Notice at the the bottom of the test drive screen they mention that "this is not attached to an actual system". Tell me there aren't any people out there THAT stupid.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerhead View Post
    I think they have passed the Optiview easily. I had a job with 16, yes, 16 Yk's with Optiviews, and can you imagine the frustration I had trying to get the sales order info into all of them. With Trane, you just hook up your company issued laptop and jump from chiller to chiller and upload all the info. BTW, the customer followed behind me to ensure the sales info was in there and correct. Sucks to have been that salesman, all that start-up time wasted on hitting them damn arrow keys. The Adaptiview also has a touch screen instead of relying on a membrane which I have replaced my fair share of in some plants with some interesting environments. Best of luck to York, er JCI in playing catch-up.
    We aren't service engineers, we are service re-engineers!! Work is what you make it, have fun.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the007 View Post
    I think they have passed the Optiview easily. I had a job with 16, yes, 16 Yk's with Optiviews, and can you imagine the frustration I had trying to get the sales order info into all of them. With Trane, you just hook up your company issued laptop and jump from chiller to chiller and upload all the info. BTW, the customer followed behind me to ensure the sales info was in there and correct. Sucks to have been that salesman, all that start-up time wasted on hitting them damn arrow keys. The Adaptiview also has a touch screen instead of relying on a membrane which I have replaced my fair share of in some plants with some interesting environments. Best of luck to York, er JCI in playing catch-up.
    And you will need the laptop as you will be constantly upgrading the software

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillerfreak View Post
    And you will need the laptop as you will be constantly upgrading the software
    Kinda like the flash cards you'll keep buying to upgrade the Optiview panels? At least the software is about a 30 second download, and Trane provides their employees with aircards to access that from just about anywhere. Again, best of luck playing catch-up.
    We aren't service engineers, we are service re-engineers!! Work is what you make it, have fun.....

Post Likes

I'm not knocking the CH530....err...adaptaview....I was a Traneee when the CH530 relaced the UCP2...let me tell you it was a lot of fun trying to train our older chiller mechanics how to use a computer much less create a file or download from the internet.....specially since we all used dialup..

I wonder how many mechanics retired early because of the CH530..

Now we have guys that B**ch if the have to work on a pneumatic panel chiller......Funny how times change...

I am curious to see what York comes up with????

Post Likes
    I know that, just that it's interesting to see who leap-frogs who and at what speed. Now, Frick has the Quantum Panel, which I think blows any panel away and rivals most Allen-Bradley PLC's. Unfortunately, York, er JCI cannot use it on their panels as Frick won't let 'em. Wait and see I guess.....LOL! All I know is that I keep 'em running, no matter who puts what on them.

Post Likes
    the007 have you seen anymore donkey's lately?

Post Likes

Hmm Adaptiview

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    Adaptaview is the same control platform as the CH530 and 531. like jayguy says you need different software to connect to it . you will soon be able to retrofit an existing CH530 with the new adaptaview display and later in the year it will be available to retrofit any CH531 panels. all you will need to do is replace the display and reprogramme accordingly.
    But note that you will only be able to buy it from a Trane Service Company.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in