Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sure, now you tell us.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    That particular Goodman furnace vents with 2" pvc, but it is still not allowed to be in the chimney space with another vent.

Aside from the venting, the GMV furnace is a great little furnace. Variable speed blower capable of fantastic dehumidification during cooling and thermostatically controlled two stage furnace make it great on features. The lifetime heat exchanger warranty with 10 year unit replacement ain't bad either. I am not familiar with the Coleman, so cannot state which is best.
    I'll take your word for it, but like everyone says, equipment is only as good as the installer, and even though people say Goodman has gotten better, they still have installers who aren't that bright.

BTW, tell Phil Atkins I said hi.

[=bobb25;1779960]
    BTW, tell Phil Atkins I said hi.[/QUOTE]

Phil, that use to work for Lyon&Conklin ?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Phil, that use to work for Lyon&Conklin ?
    The one I know used to work at Ferguson. Is he a competitor or yours?

Silly me, I know nothing about venting water heaters or furnaces and I had no idea that they would vent a water heater through a chimney.

I have good references for both companies but I'm leaning towards the one selling the Goodman because I don't really want a bunch of steam coming out the side of my house. I will get a little more information from them on exactly how they will be venting the furnace before I accept their bid.

I have 2 furnaces in my house.The main structure has a Carrier that was installed about 20 yrs. ago.The addition has a Coleman that I installed 10-12 yrs. ago.Since then the Carrier has had the ifc replaced, and the Coleman has had the hot surface igniter replaced.Other than a dirty flame sensor that is all that I had go wrong with the either one.I live where a lot of mobile and modular homes are mfg. so there are a lot of coleman furnaces around here.As has been stated, I would get some other estimates anyway

Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    I'll take your word for it, but like everyone says, equipment is only as good as the installer, and even though people say Goodman has gotten better, they still have installers who aren't that bright.

Its funny you mention Goodman installers, well in most cases the same installers are also installing Carrier, Trane, lemonx, and ect

As the OP stated they are a carrier dealer who sells goodman, I dont think they have different installers?
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Talking Oh yes they do............

They call up their G-men on the mobile phone mounted in the station wagon..............

Or is it the bat signal, I keep getting those two mixed up.........
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Who is Phil Atkins? (hopefully not one of my coworkers)

Most of the hacks stay away from furnace like the GMV. This is a high end furnace.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

The one I know used to work at Ferguson. Is he a competitor or yours?
    Ferguson isn't allowed to sell Goodman in PA. I don't know Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by chucko615 View Post
    They call up their G-men on the mobile phone mounted in the station wagon..............

Or is it the bat signal, I keep getting those two mixed up.........
    Now that's funny.....I don't care who you are

The biggest hack company around here puts in Lennox. And its even funnier to see a really expensive unit as a hack job than a cheap little goodman.

I am not bashing either brand, both brands will work fine, there is the warranty difference and the most important issues is the installation. Ask both Companies for pictures and or maybe you can visit sites that show their work. I would go with the best installer's, shoddy workmanship would not get my work. Even as a one man shop, I have before and after pictures of my work and some pic's of the "other guy's" work, most of the time the pic's are all I need to get the job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast