Confused Bill of Rights question....

Concerning the freedom of religion....

Mormons had to conform, that multiple wife thing was not catching on.

Branch dividians got cooked for their indescetions, I think they had a sex thing too.

Moonies went international, not sure how that played in USA.

Chuckie Mansons' group pretty well peed everyone off, but criminal activities made religious activity a moot point.

KKK has a religious aspect, a strong one, but they also have criminal activities,perhaps they are not primarily religious and religion is a secondary thing.

I am just throwing those up there as an example[s]. My question is: what is the threshold that deems a religion a hostile force against the USA and not worthy of freedom of religion protection/

Yes, my curiosity is aimed at islam if you wonder.

Not all legal, it maybe public opinion, numeric reality, and other things. But the primary point of my confusion is the legal aspect.

Enough.

Excellent provocation, tool. DOES kinda make ya wonder, huh?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

the dividing line is simple.

religious groups have the right to do what ever they want as long as they are not hurting someone's basic Constitutional rights.

our modern government doesn't care about the Constitution and will go after anyone who they think is too right-wing.

many times they use the illegal IRS to get their foot in the door.

Yes Bootlen. Many debates exist on 'who did what to who[first]' crusades and such. But there is an open and long record of hostility. No matter if fault 12 years ago,or 1200 years ago,... there is hostility. It does not matter 'who started it' if there is the hostility, it just exists and should be admitted. To deny the reality is ,.. blind.

The basic platform of Islam is in direct confrontation with USA constitution and american values. [sharia law rules islam] Islam itself, has a historic record like none of my earlier examples to be in confrontation with the predominately christian[of varied beliefs] USA.

Islam supports theology in defiance of our rights. Islam has a long record of upsetting basic rights we consider american.

Are you saying the line is ''infraction'' of our law?

Internationally, islam has ''infracted'' many times. I am thinking we need to recognise islam as a international thing. Not to trash the local mosque. Muslims are inherintly different in basic beliefs, desires, and not in cooperation with christianity and western values and freedoms. Is that fair enough?

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights have nothing to do with immigration. Back before LBJ screwed up this country about 90% of all immigrants came from Europe mostly Western and Northern Europe because back then our policy was to allow immigrants from those countries where the most our our ancestors immigrated from. This was to keep our culture, language and beliefs the same.

LBJ changed all that and reduced the number of immigrants allowed from Western Europe and increased the allotments from Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin and South America.

The point is now we are allowing Muslims in record numbers immigrate to our country and this needs to be stopped. I guess this would be considered discriminatory by the PC crowd. Then maybe we should drastically reduce immigrants from predominately Muslim countries which the liberals still won't like but at least religion per say would not be the limiting factor on immigration to this country. Hell I would like to go back to the pre LBJ days on our immigration policy and maybe we can save this country for our grand children.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I agree Glennac, muslim immigration needs to be stopped. I am thinking further along on restrictions to include current muslim inhabitants. That based on the wharped theology they have. The theology itself is a threat and advocates positions inconsistent with the USA constitution. It is subversive, revolutionary, and dangerous.

Islam has not seperated itself as a religious belief, but a political movement. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    the dividing line is simple.

religious groups have the right to do what ever they want as long as they are not hurting someone's basic Constitutional rights.
    What about the Mormon who has more than one wife?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club