Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I don't go to church for one.

Well, based on what you must have heard in or about church, I don't blame you. Like I said, find another church.

Kids get told over and over not to have sex, and all it does is get a lot of kids more interested in it.

Do they not also get told not to steal and lie? You guys having a teen screwing lying, stealing epidemic in your hometown,are you?

And when they're taught at the same time that birth control is evil..well..they get pregnant.

They don't get pregnant because they don't take birth control. They get pregnant because they screw. (Man, you got things all screwed up.)

And yes, I do believe that condoms are 95% effective in preventing pregnancy when they are used correctly. I've never gotten any one pregnant,

that you know of

and i've used well over 100 of them.

They are not 100% effective against STD's either, dude. I have some numbers that would make your weenie shrink.

And you don't seem to get the point about the abstinence issue..yes, abstinence is the most effective way to prevent pregnancy..

That IS the point.

but SOME KIDS WILL WILL HAVE SEX NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY'RE TOLD NOT TO.

YES, I KNOW! BUT WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR INDESCRETION? AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?

So why not teach them how to protect themselves when they do

You mean by NOT teaching abstinence only?

It's not Christian like?

No, it's quite Christian like. You have even said so yourself. But it is NOT Christ like.

All the more reason to do it in my opinion.

And everybody knows about opinions.

As for your tax dollars supporting free clinics..well..our government wastes your tax dollars on a lot worse things.

And in your book, more wrongs make a right?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    I don't go to church for one.

Well, based on what you must have heard in or about church, I don't blame you. Like I said, find another church.

Kids get told over and over not to have sex, and all it does is get a lot of kids more interested in it.

Do they not also get told not to steal and lie? You guys having a teen screwing lying, stealing epidemic in your hometown,are you?

And when they're taught at the same time that birth control is evil..well..they get pregnant.

They don't get pregnant because they don't take birth control. They get pregnant because they screw. (Man, you got things all screwed up.)

And yes, I do believe that condoms are 95% effective in preventing pregnancy when they are used correctly. I've never gotten any one pregnant,

that you know of

and i've used well over 100 of them.

They are not 100% effective against STD's either, dude. I have some numbers that would make your weenie shrink.

And you don't seem to get the point about the abstinence issue..yes, abstinence is the most effective way to prevent pregnancy..

That IS the point.

but SOME KIDS WILL WILL HAVE SEX NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY'RE TOLD NOT TO.

YES, I KNOW! BUT WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR INDESCRETION? AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?

So why not teach them how to protect themselves when they do

You mean by NOT teaching abstinence only?

It's not Christian like?

No, it's quite Christian like. You have even said so yourself. But it is NOT Christ like.

All the more reason to do it in my opinion.

And everybody knows about opinions.

As for your tax dollars supporting free clinics..well..our government wastes your tax dollars on a lot worse things.

And in your book, more wrongs make a right?
    No. we don't have a teen pregnancy epidemic in my town. But then, we have a free clinic that passes out free condoms to any horndog that wants em. But since condoms don't actually prevent pregnancy or std's..that can't be the reason why.
    And yes, they get pregnant because they have sex without using birth control. If they weren't having sex, they wouldn't get pregnant, but they're having unprotected sex. If they used birth control, chances are they wouldn't get pregnant. And I have no desire to find a church. I had religion forced on me when i was growing up, sunday school for 8 years, catechism classes for 2..never bought any of it. Always wondered how so many people can be so easily convinced that the crap the religions teach is actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    No. we don't have a teen pregnancy epidemic in my town. But then, we have a free clinic that passes out free condoms to any horndog that wants em. But since condoms don't actually prevent pregnancy or std's..that can't be the reason why.
    And yes, they get pregnant because they have sex without using birth control. If they weren't having sex, they wouldn't get pregnant, but they're having unprotected sex. If they used birth control, chances are they wouldn't get pregnant. And I have no desire to find a church. I had religion forced on me when i was growing up, sunday school for 8 years, catechism classes for 2..never bought any of it. Always wondered how so many people can be so easily convinced that the crap the religions teach is actually true.
    Like I said, find another church. One that teaches what Scripture says.

And, air311, when I make a decision, I try to go with the odds. Odds are, God knows what He's talkin' about. Deut. 6:4-9.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Like I said, find another church. One that teaches what Scripture says.

And, air311, when I make a decision, I try to go with the odds. Odds are, God knows what He's talkin' about. Deut. 6:4-9.
    The bible was written by man. Nuff said. I was taught what scripture says..just never believed it..maybe because I like to think for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    The bible was written by man. Nuff said. I was taught what scripture says..just never believed it..maybe because I like to think for myself.
    Who the crap told you man authored the Bible? You believe too many lies, air.

Proud member of KA Club

Who the crap told you man authored the Bible? You believe too many lies, air.
    So what your saying is that God said "in the begining god created heaven and earth" similar to how Twili speaks.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

Gee, superman, is that what you think I mean?

Proud member of KA Club

Gee, superman, is that what you think I mean?
    Honestly most of the time you confuse the crap out of me. But I truly enjoy trying to get you worked up. Some of your responses are pretty witty. Who did actually write the bible? I thought it was the deciples but what do I know.

Oops...double post.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    Honestly most of the time you confuse the crap out of me. But I truly enjoy trying to get you worked up. Some of your responses are pretty witty. Who did actually write the bible? I thought it was the deciples but what do I know.
    God inspired each writer...there were 40 of them over a 1500 year period on 3 continents and in 3 languages. And there is not one single contradiction. That alone is evidence of a single author.

If by disciples you mean follower or student of a discipline, kinda. If you mean as in the 12 disciples, no.

The Old Testament was written by about 30 or so men, the New Testament was written by 8 or 9 men. It is unclear exactly who wrote Hebrews. But every word from Genesis 1 through Revelation 22 is God-breathed.

Proud member of KA Club

God inspired each writer...there were 40 of them over a 1500 year period on 3 continents and in 3 languages. And there is not one single contradiction. That alone is evidence of a single author.

If by disciples you mean follower or student of a discipline, kinda. If you mean as in the 12 disciples, no.

The Old Testament was written by about 30 or so men, the New Testament was written by 8 or 9 men. It is unclear exactly who wrote Hebrews. But every word from Genesis 1 through Revelation 22 is God-breathed.
    Speaking of contradictions check out this link on contradictions in the Koran.

http://www.carm.org/islam/Koran_contradictions.htm
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

With all due respect didn't you make a contradiction?

[QUOTE=bootlen;Who the crap told you man authored the Bible? You believe too many lies, air.[/QUOTE]

Even though the 40 were inspired by God were they not men?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    With all due respect didn't you make a contradiction?

Even though the 40 were inspired by God were they not men?
    The operative word is "author". It is the root word for authority. The men wrote what God put in thier hearts.

There have been many authors throughout literary history who "authored" books/stories that were actually put to ink by others but the "author" is still just that...the author. His ideas...his stories.

Proud member of KA Club

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast